I bought the galaxy s3 mini and I was very dissapointed with the phone.
As a fair person I will start with the good points.
- good camera
- videos can be played whilst doing other things e.g texting
- smooth screen
- big screen
- good graphics
- good size
- forward facing camera
- slippery casing (no grip and do not wear cotton gloves when using!!!)
- resets itself (I had 2 and both did this)
- only text a maximum of 3 pages (HTC, Sony etc can text up to 5) before it turns into an MMS message
- does not allow you to edit your personal dictionary for texting
-chooses some words more than others (e.g. I wrote the word mardy a lot but it never suggested the word, I misspell 'could' as 'xould' and it forever comes up 'xould')
- no autocorrect feature so you are forever clicking suggestions
- camera settings take ages to sort as it seems to be unorganised (if you want to film something quick, good luck)
- you have to swipe certain ways to call or text contacts, I always forget which way, I much prefer press and hold.
- charging slots seem to break easily. (again 2/2 broke)
- no flashlight app as standard, I had to download one
- back key should be on the left, when I was playing games, I sometimes pressed the back key by mistake (as I'm right handed)
- as you were texting and wanted to see what someone said (if you wrote a long enough text) the text the person had sent to you would be visible one line at a time
- the galaxy speech thing was awful. It tells you to say 'hi galaxy' to wake it up, it never works. you say text someone like 'Tom' it'll come up with 'John'
I really didn't like this phone simply because it was lacking the small things. It is good for some people whereas me, I can't use my phone at work so when I'm done, I like to text my other half a long text, so 3 pages is barely enough. It really makes me angry that you have to use your own money for a 4 page text when other phones including the iPhone (and I'm not a fan of apple at all), HTC, Sony etc can text up to 5 pages long (765 characters) where 3 pages is approximately 450 characters. The phone being slippy is a terrible idea. I kept dropping my when having a loose grip. The personal dictionary just added fuel to the fire by not being able to edit it. You can't have your own words unless you use the same one about 50 times if not more. Then when ended it for me was the fact mine both had the same problems of resetting itself and not charging properly overnight. I was contacted by the head office of the phone company I had bought it from and I said I hated it. Luckily enough got an unlike for like change, now I'm back to HTC. Never ever having a Samsung ever again and would NOT recommend one either.
Overall rating: 2/10.
Login or register to post comments
Designed to partner the DAC-V1 DAC/preamp, the NAP 100 has much to offer anyone wanting a fine power amp in compact form
Our once-favourite Android bows down to fine rivals. Still great value, though
The EAR Yoshino V12 is a terrific integrated amplifier – it needn’t fear any rival at this price
© 2013 Haymarket Publishing