We'll be reporting live from the High-End Show in Munich next week, so just to give you a little taste of what's in store, Martin Logan will be unveiling its new CLX electrostatic speakers, designed to commemorate the company's 25th anniversary.
The CLX is Martin Logan's first full-range electrostatic design for six years, and will make its world debut at Munich.
We have been invited to a private press demo next week, but will have to wait until then to hear how they sound and see how they look. In the meantime, here are some of the technical highlights we've managed to unearth:
- Full-range electrostatic speaker
- Curvilinear Line Source XStat electrostatic technology
- DualForce ESL – double diaphragm, triple stator 57in dipole low-frequency electrostatic transducer
- Low-frequency dipole phase stabilisation
- Audiophile-grade power cable
- Precision Vojtko filtering
- Energy Transfer Coupler spikes
- Available in cherry, maple and black maple hardwood finishes, or black EcoSound and black and clear anodized aluminium.
The Martin Logan CLX will be distributed in the UK from July by Absolute Sounds. Price to be confirmed.