New company set to launch iPhone/iPod Touch system remote at IFA
Due to be launched at the IFA show in Berlin at the beginning of next month, the VooMote ONE, from new company zero1.tv, aims to replace all your remote controls with a universal system running on the iPhone or iPod Touch.
The new device, due in the shops by the end of the year, follows on from the company's existing iPod Touch/iPhone remote systems for PCs and Macs, and is expected to sell for around $69 (£45).
It claims compatibility with 98% of devices straight from the box, with the remaining 2% covered by a learning function, and combines a wraparound hardware unit with a downloadable app.
As well as offering control of single devices, it also allows extensive customisation, allowing whole sequences of commands to be programmed, then triggered with a single tap. zero1.tv CEO Alexander Gruber says that 'An almost infinite number of devices can be controlled on the large touch-screen.'
The VooMote ONE, which is compatible with all iPod Touch models and both iPhone 3/3GS and iPhone 4, can be preordered on the company's website from September 3rd.