CES 2011: Monitor Audio unveils GX speaker range
Making it debut here at CES 2011 is the new Monitor Audio GX speaker range. Available from April, prices range from £650 to £3000.
Monitor Audio says its in-house design team was charged with "finding a blend of materials and geometry that would complement the GX's exceptional sound". Main attributes of the design include:
• New C-CAM Ribbon transducer design – providing extension to 60KHz
• New 6.5in bass driver with RST profile C-CAM cone
• Die-cast alloy driver chassis design
• HiVe port technology for better transient response and tighter bass
• Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
• Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
• Pureflow Silver internal cabling
• High-quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors used throughout
• Large radius cabinet edges to provide low diffraction and smoother overall frequency response
• Curved cabinet profile for increased rigidity and reduced internal standing waves
• Selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss piano finishes.
• Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet colouration
• Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when used with the grille off
• Metal mesh grille design to give low diffraction, resulting in improved off-axis dispersion
The full GX model line-up is as follows:
Gold GX50 standmounter £950
Gold GX100 standmounter £1250
Gold GX200 floorstander £2300
Gold GX30 floorstander £3000
Gold GXC 150 centre speaker £650
Gold GXC 350 centre speaker £1000
Gold GX-FX surround speaker £1400
GXW-15 subwoofer £1750
We'll be reviewing them as soon as we can, so keep an eye out in the magazine and online.
You'll also be able to see and hear the new GX range at the Bristol Sound & Vision show next month.