After moving to an area with another cable than the dreaded UPC in Amsterdam we decided to upgrade our system last week. It's still only stereo. I really don't like having 6 speakers in the room.
- Denon DRA-1000 stereo receiver (now 12 years old and we still like the sound)
- Infinity Overture 1 speakers
- Apple Airport Express
- Cambridge Audio DAC Magic
- Sony KDL40HX750 (very similar to the UK 753 model) with a box of 3 3D glasses
- Sony BDP-S 590
- Humax iHDR 5200c (great box for recording cable TV in NL with all providers except the morons of UPC)
Connected to the receiver is my mum's old record player, a Dual CS 1249 with a Grado Prestige Gold cartridge. I have inherited a couple of hundred classical LP's from the 1960's and later, so it's worth hooking up the record player.
Next upgrade will be a decent rack. I'm thinking of buying an Atacama Eris Eco 5.0. It looks great and apparently sounds great too.
When everything is set up I will post pictures.
The TV is stunning and the connectivity is great with all the internet apps. I specifically wanted a Sony BD player because I have a number of SACDs.
3D TV is still a bit gimmicky but we watched the closing ceremony of the Olympics on the BBC HD channel and that was very impressive. Not sure about having the glasses on for a longer period.