53 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul.'s picture
RE: Paul's BR/805 system thread

Yes, I would say its worth it.  Biamping got my AV amp closer in performance to my old Marantz stereo amplifier, I'm not sure how to describe it, everything sounded a touch more three dimensional, and a touch more like it wasn't trying so hard?  For £20 worth of cable and 30 minutes cutting and stripping its a low risk thing to try Smile

mr malarky's picture

Paul. wrote:

Yes, I would say its worth it.  Biamping got my AV amp closer in performance to my old Marantz stereo amplifier, I'm not sure how to describe it, everything sounded a touch more three dimensional, and a touch more like it wasn't trying so hard?  For £20 worth of cable and 30 minutes cutting and stripping its a low risk thing to try Smile

Thanks Paul, good to hear your thoughts as your running MA speakers, will give this a go when I get a quiet weekend and will post the results. 

Paul.'s picture

Lots of shiny newness to report Smile the big Onkyo is finaly out, I have a boxed up Marantz SR7007 to go in.  A HP N54L micro server is handling my media and time machine backups, as well as a modest cart upgrade for the Project.

Everything is still boxed up, just polished off my second Christmas diner so don't think I can move enough to set it all up (let alone move the Onkyo!) so will post updates when it's all up and running.

BenLaw's picture

Pics pics pics please. I believe you have some expertise in that area. 

Paul.'s picture

I'll give it a good go, but I sold my super duper wide angle a while back.  You know when photographers say it's not the camera it's the photographer?  Bullshit Blum 3

Its worth adding so far that the SR7007 is wonderful.   Its definitely got that 'something' that my PM7200 had and my Onkyo 805 lacked with music.  Not tested it with film yet, but my DVD of BT's This Binary Universe sounds incredible.

Paul.'s picture

Click the pictures to go bigger!

So here it is, pics of new stuff as promised.  Marantz SR7007, Goldring Electra cart on the TT, I have a little project phonobox hidden out of the way as well.  In the hallway I have the HP N54L micro server, but assumed no one would want to see that.  I have Freenas up and running, Plex server and time machine duties up and running.  It is swift, very happy with it.  Freenas is ace, it was a nice little project.  The N54 is in the hallway directly linked to the router with about 6TB in it, all the AV kit is now hooked up with a Netgear 4 port powerline (XAVB5004) and so far, Plex has been bullet proof.  Should hopefully be a while before I start hankering for things again Smile

CnoEvil's picture

Good job, Sir.  Dirol

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

Pages