Not showing off my 10 year old system
Over 10 years ago I bought most of my stuff and it still works very well. We have added new stuff over the years. Not really showing off but the details are the following:
- Heart of my system is a Denon DRA-1000 stereo receiver
- Speakers: Infinity Overture 1 (with 150 Watt powered woofers). Terrific and very neutral sounding speakers. I can throw anything at them.
- Sony MD-DX3 CD/Minidisc combo (not used much anymore)
- JVC HR-S6711 VHS -:) (still works, mainly used for digitizing old VHS tapes)
- Sony KV-28FX60B (terrific TV for the time and has served us really well)
- Pioneer DV-565 (now also used as CD transport and to play SACD's)
- Sony RDR-HX710
- Cambridge Audio DACMagic
- Apple MacBook + Airport Express + Airfoil
- A QED tape switching unit and a Hama extra input selector (I had run out of inputs on the Denon), decent Ixos cabling.
Instead of investing in a better/newer CD player I decided to get a DAC instead and rip all of our CD's to Apple Lossless. Here in Amsterdam we subscribe to analogue cable and all our equipment works very well with that. Digital cable through UPC in Amsterdam only works with their proprietry box so I'm not interested in that.
I very much believe in adding new technology to the stuff we already have.