18 posts / 0 new
Last post
fr0g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 07/01/2008 - 18:38
Posts: 2939
My system.

Still could do with a DAC upgrade, but hey ho

IMG_8954 IMG_8957

timwileman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 19/03/2008 - 13:02
Posts: 1710
Re: My system.

looks like a pretty nice set up

when i finish my kit out will post some pics too

VoodooDoctor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 23/09/2007 - 18:52
Posts: 1054
Re: My system.

Nice!

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 22993
Re: My system.

Worrying presence of tripod in that bachelor (looking) pad there, fr0g mate.........

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Re: My system.

I like your other pics on flickr. Did you use a Polaroid filter on some of those, in particular the one with the gorgeous sky and water? What body and lenses? BTW, the hi-fi looks great, esp that amp...

Alec's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2007 - 21:06
Posts: 6053
Re: My system.

Very nice.

survivor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 31/03/2008 - 23:29
Posts: 1623
Re: My system.

Wow! I bet you never want to leave the house!

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Re: My system.

I so much envy your room ... I bet it sounds fantastic. Nice job ;)

roger06's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 23/12/2007 - 10:51
Posts: 1630
Re: My system.

Hi Fr0g

How do you find the acoustics with that wood floor ? We're in the process of doing up a house and I do fancy wood floors - but I reckon carpet may be better sounding... would be interested in your thoughts.

cheers

Roger 

 

fr0g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 07/01/2008 - 18:38
Posts: 2939
Re: My system.

user="igglebert" wrote:
I like your other pics on flickr. Did you use a Polaroid filter on some of those, in particular the one with the gorgeous sky and water? What body and lenses? BTW, the hi-fi looks great, esp that amp...

Cheers! You probably mean the HDR shots... 3 exposures blended and tonemapped. (google HDR)

I mainly use my Panasonic TZ3 or Fuji E900 but I also have a Canon EOS 350D +18-55 Kit lens and a Canon 60mm EFS macro and Tamron 28-300.

Yes the amp is the crown for the moment....;)

user="roger06" wrote:

Hi Fr0g

How do you find the acoustics with that wood floor ? We're in the process of doing up a house and I do fancy wood floors - but I reckon carpet may be better sounding... would be interested in your thoughts.

cheers

Roger 

 


Its fine SO LONG as you get a rug... makes quite a difference. And I have been told the slopey ceiling is perfect for accoustics...

user="JohnDuncan" wrote:
Worrying presence of tripod in that bachelor (looking) pad there, fr0g mate.........

Heh. It was dark when I took the pics, so grabbed it... Then left it there when I took the long range pic :=)
Also... Its not a bachelor pad...although my missus does complain its a bit blokey.. Its the upstairs lounging room...The living room is downstairs Smile
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Re: My system.

It's nice looking room for sure. A third of my room's ceiling slopes too, but I have a 12 year old carpet in my room that's seen better days, must replace it one of these days. Must get an upgrade for my 7SE's DAC sometime too.

Have a Canon EOS400D with Canon EF 50 f/1.8 & Sigma 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 lenses; could do with a macro lens. I've not tried HDR yet, must do so.

fr0g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 07/01/2008 - 18:38
Posts: 2939
Re: My system.

user="merseymal" wrote:
It's nice looking room for sure. A third of my room's ceiling slopes too, but I have a 12 year old carpet in my room that's seen better days, must replace it one of these days. Must get an upgrade for my 7SE's DAC sometime too.

Have a Canon EOS400D with Canon EF 50 f/1.8 & Sigma 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 lenses; could do with a macro lens. I've not tried HDR yet, must do so.


The EF-S 60mm is a really nice lens, but could do with being a little longer imo...its murder to get focus up close without a tripod. examples of mine...
Flow
drip
Munch
Anton90125's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 week ago
Joined: 01/09/2007 - 09:53
Posts: 517
Re: My system.

Excellent pix!

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 22993
Re: My system.

user="fr0g" wrote:
user="JohnDuncan" wrote:
Worrying presence of tripod in that bachelor (looking) pad there, fr0g mate.........

Heh. It was dark when I took the pics, so grabbed it... Then left it there when I took the long range pic :=)
Also... Its not a bachelor pad...although my missus does complain its a bit blokey.. Its the upstairs lounging room...The living room is downstairs :)

Upstairs lounging room oooOOOooo. I'm not putting photos of my house up, not without putting the train set and High School Musical beach ball away.......

PJPro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 21/01/2008 - 11:17
Posts: 2935
Re: My system.

Yes, the upstairs lounging room in my place is also known as the toilet!

Suppose I could try and get comfortable lying down amongst the cardboard boxes, dustbin liners and glass fibre insulation in the loft. But there's no sockets up there and I'd probably get bored after staring at the light coming in between the gaps in the tiles for an hour or so.

fr0g.....you just need a couple of new remotes and a sofa. This is what we use

Otherwise - nice one.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Re: My system.

That EF-S 60mm and your pics are superb. I use a Nikon D100 with 28-80mm and 70-300mm Nikon ED lenses but never get anything as crisp as that. Will be sampling a motion stability 300mm soon when I visit some air shows Smile Bring on the Vulcan... Biggrin

Pages

Log in or register to post comments