13 posts / 0 new
Last post
gingersmarty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 22/08/2007 - 09:26
Posts: 124
My system

Hi All,

 

After moving house earlier in the year finally completed the important side of move.

 

Side view

gingersmarty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 22/08/2007 - 09:26
Posts: 124
RE: My system

sorry all, new to photobucket, these pics as well,

 

from the front

 

Inside the unit

 

front

 

 

 

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 3791
RE: My system

Cool looking setup. Dirol

 

 

 

 

RobinKidderminster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 27/05/2009 - 14:24
Posts: 2496
RE: My system

Lovely unit. Plenty of breathing room for the acoustics to sound good too. Pics appreciated. Cheers

Yamaha V2065. MS Mezzo 5.1 Panasonic 42. Sony BD. Garrard 86SB. WD Live TV. SkyHD.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/lounge-hc-signature-update-bass-traps

 

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6326
RE: My system

Really nice!  Smile Good work. Looks like a good sized room too n

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 3791
RE: My system

RobinKidderminster wrote:

Lovely unit. Plenty of breathing room for the acoustics to sound good too.

I wonder if there are many reflections from the table top? It might be worth moving the speakers forwards to the edge to see if it improves the sound.

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 51 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12113
RE: My system

steve_1979 wrote:

RobinKidderminster wrote:

Lovely unit. Plenty of breathing room for the acoustics to sound good too.

I wonder if there are many reflections from the table top? It might be worth moving the speakers forwards to the edge to see if it improves the sound.

I agree, and maybe look at de-coupling them from the cabinet, using something like Granite / Blu-tac or Auralex Mopads.

Lovely job.

Cno

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 3791
RE: My system

CnoEvil wrote:

steve_1979 wrote:

RobinKidderminster wrote:

Lovely unit. Plenty of breathing room for the acoustics to sound good too.

I wonder if there are many reflections from the table top? It might be worth moving the speakers forwards to the edge to see if it improves the sound.

I agree, and maybe look at de-coupling them from the cabinet, using something like Granite / Blu-tac or Auralex Mopads. Lovely job. Cno

Possibly even some small desktop speaker stands to raise them up a bit.

GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 days ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
RE: My system

lovely looking system Smile

can i ask what speakers you have on the unit.....and are you using the 3001's as presence(front height speakers)?

 

gingersmarty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 22/08/2007 - 09:26
Posts: 124
RE: My system

Hi All,

 

Thanks for the feedback.  

 

The speakers are Spendor SA1  and are not part of the surround sound, they are on blue tack, i had not thought 

to bring them forward i suppose for the asethitics, ill have a go

 

The room is quite large, its an apartment and is 7 x 5m, the kitchen and rear speakers are behind the viewpoint.

i am getting a little itch to put a bigger TV on the wall, however it would probably mean re-positioning the front L and R,

have looked at the panasonic 50GT50.

 

:cheers:

 

 

 

vinod_david's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 18/11/2007 - 14:41
Posts: 758
RE: My system

Wow, clean and beautiful setup.:clap:

g777o's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/03/2012 - 13:02
Posts: 32
RE: My system

Very nice setup!

What make is your cabinet if you don't mind me asking?

gingersmarty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 22/08/2007 - 09:26
Posts: 124
RE: My system

Hi

 

thanks again for positive feedback,

 

What make is your cabinet if you don't mind me asking?

 

Oddly enough i was trying to find it on-line the other day and failed, i remember using "very large TV unit" or "2m TV unit"  in the search if that helps.

 

thanks again

Log in or register to post comments