And finally I have a dedicated AV and TV rack.
Musical Fidelity M6i and DAC, M1 PWR, CLiC, ViNL, CDT, Sony MDSJA20ES, GL78 and ClearAudio Concept TT, ProAc D18
Samsung 65" UHD Curve TV, Yamaha RXV2067, PMC 23, Centre, TDL RTL3SE, Oppo 95EU
Very nice looking setup.
Thanks vinod. Just a few more upgrades to be done, mainly a new DAC and AV amplifier and how to hang my rear speakers. Then I think I would be sorted for a while.
Got back my X-A50. No major fault. Just soldering went loose. Cost me only 35 quid.
Set the system back up to biamp the EPOS.
Now back to hifi bliss.
Also, resurrected my old set up of Marantz PM57, CD6000 and Mission M31.
So my final and current set up as of 15th Sep 2010:
1. Main amplifier - Musical Fidelity X-A1 driving the tweeters, X-A50 mono blocks driving the woofers
2. Headphone amplifier - Musical Fidelity X-CANV3 + X-PSUV3
3. CD Player - Musical Fidelity X-RayV3 + X-10V3 Tube buffer + X-PSUV3 + X-DAC
4. Minidisc player - SONY MDSJA20ES + Musical Fidelity X-DAC
5. Tape deck - TEAC V6030S
6. Speakers - biamped EPOS M12.2 on ATS stands
7. iPod dock - iPod Touch 32GB
8. Airport Express - Wireless connection to 1 TB external hard disk
9. DAC - Musical Fidelity X-DAC
1. CD player to X-10V3 - Van Den Hull Hybrid
2. CD player to X-DAC - Cambridge Audio Coaxial
3. X-10V3 to X-A1 - QED Signature Series
4. Minidisc player to X-DAC - QED Reference series optical
5. Minidisc player to X-A1 - QED Audio 2 Series
6. TEAC Tape Deck to X-A1 - Cambridge Audio Pearl
7. X-A1 to X-A50s - Arrow
8. X-DAC to X-A1 - Cambridge Audio Pacific
9. iPod dock to X-A1 - QED J2P
10. Airport Express to X-DAC - Target Optical Cable
11. X-CANV3 to X-A1 - QED Audio 2
1. X-A1 and X-A50s to EPOS - QED Silver XT biamp wires
1. X-A1, X-A50s and X-RayV3 - QED Qonduit
1. Grado Alessandro
2. Monster Cable Dr. Dre Solo noise cancellation
1. Remote control - Philips Pronto
2. Belkin 8 way surge protector
Dining Room System
1. Amplifier - Marantz PM-57
2. CD player - Marantz CD6000
3. Speakers - Mission M31 on Target UK stands
4. iPod dock - 30 GB iPod video 4th Gen
5. Interconnects - freebies
6. Speaker cable - Gale
1. Tivoli Audio Model Two tuner/amp
2. Tivoli Audio CD player
3. Tivoli Audio Subwoofer
4. Headphone amplifier - Musical Fidelity X-CANV2
5. Headphone - Sennheiser PX100
6. iPod dock - 32GB iPhone 3GS
1. BOSE Companion 2 Series II speakers
2. Headphone amplifier - PPK Govibe Mini amp
3. Sources - iPhone and 80GB external hard disk
4. Amplifier - BOSE over the ear
1. TV - Samsung UA55B7000 LED with DNLA from 1 TB external hard disk for movie streaming
2. Blu Ray player - SONY BDP-S1E
3. DVD player - SONY DVPNS708HP
4. AV Receiver - Yamaha RX-V795aRDS,
5. HDD/DVD Recorder - Philips DVDR7300H 250 GB
6. Centre speaker - Infinity Primus Center
7. Rear speakers - Wharfedale WH2
8. Subwoofer - SW15 Sub
9. Front Speakers - Mission M34i
10. ASTRO Decoder
1. Blu ray to TV - Van Den Hull Flat HDMI
2. Blu ray to AV receiver - Cambridge Audio Coaxial
3. DVD to TV - Monster Cable HDMI
4. DVD to AV receiver - Freebie optical cable
5. AV receiver to Subwoofer - QED Reference series
1. Front and read - Gale
2. Centre - Audioquest
1. Remote - Logitech Harmony 1000i
Latest addition - MF M1 DAC and added another rack.
Loving the system(s) Great pictures!! Wish i could post mine up, just cant get it to work at all!!
Panasonic tx p65st 50b. Pioneer Sc- lx82, bdp lx52. Monitor audio rx6 av12. Bowers & Wilkins P7. Fiio Mont Blanc. Everything Apple. Pioneer pep 4280xd. Lots of other stuff.....
Thanks John. Try following my example below. Its kind of easy once you have done it a couple of times.
I have moved back into my previous own house. I have set up the hifi using Rule of Fifths by Usher for the moment. Measurements as below:A - distance between speakers - 5'9"B - distance of speaker from side wall - 2'1"C - distance of speaker from rear wall - 1'9"D - distance between listening position to speaker - 8'3"E - distance between listening position to rear wall - 7'Additional equipment is the Belkin PF50 Power Console.I have experimented with various A, B and C. Cant do much with D and E as there are other stuff to set up.With the current set up, bass is not overwhelmed. However, increasing A seems to have better stereo imaging but bass can be bloated.Spent the weekend listening to various type of music with the above set up. I feel that the Rules of Fifth is not doing justice to my set up, particularly on the low end reproduction. I will have spend another week on this arrangement before start to move the speakers again.Pictures below. The room is not fully cleared up. The mirror on the left side and the bags and boxes beside the sofa will be moved soon.
Sent my XA50 monoblock for repairs. Speakers are now just run by the XA1. Immediate made the set up to be on the bright side. Treble was dominating the sound. Hence, purchased the X10 V3 and XPSU V3 yesterday. After 24 hours of running in, the sound has improved but have yet to achieve the sound when I bi-amped the speakers with XA-50s. The tube buffer does give a warmer sound and the system has gained bass authority as well.
I El Hefe, I love the look of your system, very smart indeed.Couple of questions, Which tube buffer are you using? is it any good? I love the control of solid state but also partial to a bit of valve . Is this a good way of imparting a bit of valve warmth on my ears?Any help would be much appreciated.....D
Hi brittondave,Spot on. The X10 V3 is the tube buffer I am using tu inject that valve warmth into the the CDP replay. And it does work. I like the valve idea, but would not want to invest in a full valve amp yet, at least until the kids has grown up I have tried actually hooking up the X10 V3 between X-A1 integrated and XA50s monoblock so that the warmth can be injected when I play any other sources as well ie MD, Tapes, Airport Express etc. But I didnt get the same effect as when I hook it up to the CDP alone.I bought this after I have heard the tube headphone amp XCAN V3 in action. It really smoothens things up for my system.
I have had a look and can't see any for sale. I guess it's only second hand now........ guess I will have to wait for one to spring up on the bay... or do you have any other suggestions?thanks
El Hefe, that is one amazing system you've got yourself would love to hear it...stunning, enjoy my friend, benny.
There is actually one on ebay but not sure whether they will send it to UK. Its in Germany. Maybe you can try emailing the seller.Its selling cheap.http://cgi.ebay.com.my/MF-Musical-Fidelity-X-10-V3-/180599722062?pt=Audio_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item2a0c95104e&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:MY:101Or try contacting MF themself. They sometimes have old stock.
Thanks Benny,I would love for people to come over and have a go at my system. I like to see the reaction on people's face when they listen to my set up. Mind you, I had visitors who totally dislike my MF set up.I have not fully set it up in my new house. I am planning to put my spare 32" LCD TV on the top shelf with a mini DVD player. I like to watch concerts DVD while drumming along. (I will have my digital drum set on the right side of the sofa).
El Hefe, yip would love to hear it, i pick-up my new ATC SCM 40's on saturday...looking forward to that for christmas.