How to Connect ( DVD &TV (HDMI) with non HDMI Onkyo HT
I have the following components
· TV :-Panasonic 42PV7 Plasma ( HD ready with HDMI input)
· DVD :-Sony DVP-NS78H (with HDMI and Optical output)
· Home Theatre :-Onkyo HT-S770 - 6.1 channel (with Optical and coaxial input but without HDMI input)
I used to connect my DVD player and Home theatre thru Optical cable before buying the plasma TV.
Please advise on the following
1. What is the best way to hook all these three together for Audio and Video to watch movies
2. Whether I can connect DVD player and TV via HDMI cable (for Video) and still use audio optical cable for HT (for audio) at the same time to watch movies?
3. Can I use HDMI cable with my Onkyo receiver which does not have a HDMI port with some connector or something?