18 posts / 0 new
Last post
bretty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 20/07/2007 - 19:27
Posts: 2473
Home cinema / Hi-Fi
English

Hey all,

I finished the Home Cinema part of the room just before Christmas, but i've just unpacked my hi-fi gear and set it back up, after being in storage for a few months, so I figured i'd chuck a few piccies up. Quality of shots probably won't be all that; a decent digital camera is next on my to-do list  Smile

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

iceman16's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 08/02/2011 - 12:55
Posts: 909
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

Very nice..:cheers:

Main system: Musical Fidelity AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT AVt MA / Matrix 12 xlr cables

Bedroom: Laptop(Qobuz) / Chord gem / Rega Brio-r / KEF LS50 / TQ black

 

 

iceman16's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 08/02/2011 - 12:55
Posts: 909
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

How about some acoustic panels:)

Main system: Musical Fidelity AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT AVt MA / Matrix 12 xlr cables

Bedroom: Laptop(Qobuz) / Chord gem / Rega Brio-r / KEF LS50 / TQ black

 

 

GSB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 27/03/2011 - 19:54
Posts: 1355
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

Lovely looking system....very neat,love your turn-table Smile

bretty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 20/07/2007 - 19:27
Posts: 2473
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

iceman16 wrote:

How about some acoustic panels:)

Cheers, buddy.

I've been very lucky in that, purely by fluke, the acoustics in that room are just bang on. I don't think i'd need the panels. 

bretty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 20/07/2007 - 19:27
Posts: 2473
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

GSB wrote:

Lovely looking system....very neat,love your turn-table Smile

Thank you, matey Smile

davidvann's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 13:16
Posts: 171
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

hi bretty,very nice indeed,what sort of cabling do you use in your system.many thanks david

p.s if you get a chance u can check out my system,its always nice tohear what people think

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6450
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

That is a really great looking system  Smile Now just time for a universal remote  Wink

bretty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 20/07/2007 - 19:27
Posts: 2473
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

davidvann wrote:

hi bretty,very nice indeed,what sort of cabling do you use in your system.many thanks david

p.s if you get a chance u can check out my system,its always nice tohear what people think

Hi mate,

The cabling for hi fi is Van Damme Studio Blue speaker cables and SIlver high Breed Quintessence interconnects. I gotta admit I was a cable believer when I bought the cabling for the hifi, a few years back. I'm not anymore, so when I had to buy the cabling for the Home cinema, recently, I just went for no-name stuff, for about £2 a meter.

I'll check out your piccies, matey. Have you posted them in this section?

bretty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 20/07/2007 - 19:27
Posts: 2473
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

BenLaw wrote:

That is a really great looking system  Smile Now just time for a universal remote  Wink

Oh mate, you have no idea! I've got bloody six remotes going at the mo!

And cheers for the compliment, by the way!

Big Chris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/04/2008 - 10:03
Posts: 5552
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  Quality.

bretty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 20/07/2007 - 19:27
Posts: 2473
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

Big Chris wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  Quality.

Cheers, Big guy. How are ya? Band still doing well?

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6450
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

bretty wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

That is a really great looking system  Smile Now just time for a universal remote  Wink

Oh mate, you have no idea! I've got bloody six remotes going at the mo!

And cheers for the compliment, by the way!

 

Wow, I could not hack that! I bought a universal remote for my bedroom rather than use just two!  :grin:

bretty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 20/07/2007 - 19:27
Posts: 2473
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

BenLaw wrote:

bretty wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

That is a really great looking system  Smile Now just time for a universal remote  Wink

Oh mate, you have no idea! I've got bloody six remotes going at the mo!

And cheers for the compliment, by the way!

 

Wow, I could not hack that! I bought a universal remote for my bedroom rather than use just two!  :grin:

Yep, bit of a nightmare! What universal do you use?

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6450
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

Logitech harmony one. Still seems the ideal choice to me. You have to get used really now but there are frequent good examples on eBay and logitech customer service remains good by all accounts. 

bretty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 20/07/2007 - 19:27
Posts: 2473
RE: Home cinema / Hi-Fi

Cheers, Ben. I'll have a look about for one.

Pages

Log in or register to post comments