Have your say & ask the experts!

XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

35 replies [Last post]
D.J.KRIME's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Posts: 2441
__________________

My usefull posts Laughing How To Calibrate Your TV

D.J.KRIME's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Posts: 2441
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

Well I am excited about Microsoft's XBOX ONE console. So much so I have given a £20 deposit @game.co.uk to secure a console for it's launch date in November!!party time!

 

__________________

My usefull posts Laughing How To Calibrate Your TV

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11516
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

I see Amazon have got a bit more realistic on their price:

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BM2LLB2/ref=s9_ri_gw_g63_ir03?pf_r...

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

bigboss's picture
Offline
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 11809
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

Yes, that's the official launch price.

__________________

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

AnotherJoe's picture
Offline
Joined: 10 Jun 2011
Posts: 783
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

It's now come to light that the Xbox one demos shown at E3 were actually running on high end pcs -not Xbox hardware. This adds to the rumour that Microsoft are going to have to underclock the GPU by up to 25% due to poor yields and manufacturing problems.

They really need to get rid of Balmer and bring back Bill.

__________________

Server Synology 12Bay DS2413+, Synology 8Bay DS1812+, Sky+HD 

Lounge Samsung UE55D9000, Denon DBT-3313, Onkyo TX-NR5009, Tannoy Arena Highline 500 LCR, ACRyan playon!HD mini2 

Reception Samsung UE46C8000, Panasonic BDP310, Sony STR-DA5400ES, KEF2005.3, ACRyan playon!HD mini2 

SHAXOS's picture
Offline
Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 522
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

Honestly as a big Xbox fan (Had the original and the 360) everything Microsoft have done for the ONE has been a massive letdown. My moneys going to Sony. 

bigboss's picture
Offline
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 11809
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

AnotherJoe wrote:

They really need to get rid of Balmer and bring back Bill.

Agreed, but Gates is into full time charity work & is less likely to return (unless probably if Microsoft is in the red).

__________________

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

D.J.KRIME's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Posts: 2441
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

AnotherJoe wrote:

It's now come to light that the Xbox one demos shown at E3 were actually running on high end pcs -not Xbox hardware. This adds to the rumour that Microsoft are going to have to underclock the GPU by up to 25% due to poor yields and manufacturing problems. They really need to get rid of Balmer and bring back Bill.

AFAIK only one title was running on a PC and that was Lococycle  was running on a PC because it had not been ported to Xbox One yet, and the decision was made by the dev team, not Microsoft. all Other XBOX ONE demos were running on  actual Xbox One dev kits the same as PS4 deoms were ruiining on PS4 dev kits as opposed to actual retail consoles which AFAIK is standard procedure prior to a consoles launch.

__________________

My usefull posts Laughing How To Calibrate Your TV

MajorFubar's picture
Offline
Joined: 3 Mar 2010
Posts: 3135
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

The expected / proposed 'ban' on used games, coupled with the incompatability with existing XBox 360 games, has pretty-much nailed its fate in this house. I'm sure some geek far cleverer than me will find a way to circumvent at least the first issue, if not the second.

__________________

Main system: Mac Mini 2011 • HRT II+ DAC • Lacie 3TB Cloudbox NAS • Marantz PM66 KI • EB Acoustics EB2

In storage: Thorens TD160 (no cart) • Cyrus 2 + PSX • Cyrus tuner • Technics SL-P777 • Marantz CD63KIS • Nakamichi DR-1

cheeseboy's picture
Offline
Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Posts: 864
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

MajorFubar wrote:

The expected / proposed 'ban' on used games, coupled with the incompatability with existing XBox 360 games, has pretty-much nailed its fate in this house. I'm sure some geek far cleverer than me will find a way to circumvent at least the first issue, if not the second.

 

conversely, they've revelead you can loan games you own to you"family" group whatever that may be.  So without having to leave your armchair, your friend/family can play games you own, which is a pretty neat feature.

michael hoy's picture
Offline
Joined: 6 Oct 2008
Posts: 1548
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

Placed my order last week direct with Microsoft.

__________________

AV System -  Panasonic 42VT30 ¦ MA Apex 5.1- 4xA10 1xA40+ AW-12 Sub ¦ Van Damme UP LCOFC Speaker Cable ¦ Pioneer SC-LX85 ¦ OPPO 95 ¦ Mark Grant G1500HD Precision audio cable ¦ Sky+ HD(1TB) ¦ Chord Active HDMI ¦ Furutech Mains Cables ¦ Belkin PF50 mains conditioner.

Bedroom - Sony KDL-40W2000 + Archos 7 streaming from Windows Home Server 2011, Altec Lansing inAir 5000.

Dining Room - Sonos S5.

Music - HP Proliant Server running WHS 2011 ¦ streaming FLAC to Sonos ZP90 and OPPO 95 via SC-LX85.

Hi Fi - Cyrus 8 XPd QX amp ¦ Cyrus PSX-R power supply acting as Pre Amp ¦ Quad 909 Power Amp ¦ Speakers - Spendor A3 ¦ Logitech Squeezebox Touch upgrade by Fidelity Audio ¦ power supply upgrade by Mains Cables R Us ¦ Furutech Mains Cables ¦ Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.

Controlled by – iPad2 and Harmony 1100.

 

D.J.KRIME's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Posts: 2441
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

cheeseboy wrote:

MajorFubar wrote:

The expected / proposed 'ban' on used games, coupled with the incompatability with existing XBox 360 games, has pretty-much nailed its fate in this house. I'm sure some geek far cleverer than me will find a way to circumvent at least the first issue, if not the second.

 

conversely, they've revelead you can loan games you own to you"family" group whatever that may be.  So without having to leave your armchair, your friend/family can play games you own, which is a pretty neat feature.

You can have 10 "Family" accounts on one Gold membership and anyone of these family members can access all of your  games in your shared folder on ANY XBOX ONE as long as that console has a gold membership tied to it, so My son can go to a friends house and log in as himself and play any of my games without the need of a disc even if I'm on our XB-ONE playing the same game, you can even play multi-player Vs each other this way!

__________________

My usefull posts Laughing How To Calibrate Your TV

Fuzzy Bear's picture
Offline
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 127
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

I think Battlefield 4 was shown on PC hardware masquerading as PS4/Xbox One rendering. 

 

May I ask why you went for the Xbox One. It's taken a fair battering in the media, I'm interested to know the reason for your choice? Not decided myself so far. 

manicm's picture
Offline
Joined: 1 May 2008
Posts: 2669
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

MajorFubar wrote:

The expected / proposed 'ban' on used games, coupled with the incompatability with existing XBox 360 games, has pretty-much nailed its fate in this house. I'm sure some geek far cleverer than me will find a way to circumvent at least the first issue, if not the second.

Not reading much are you? Sony was being blatantly dishonest about how used games would fare on the PS4 - pretty much the same as the Xbox One in fact.

Also newsflash - Microsoft are now removing those restrictions as well as the once-daily login requirement.

__________________

Arcam Solo Mini/Monitor Audio RX1/Cambridge Audio 751BD/Samsung 37” LCD

professorhat's picture
Offline
Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 11011
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

manicm wrote:

MajorFubar wrote:

The expected / proposed 'ban' on used games, coupled with the incompatability with existing XBox 360 games, has pretty-much nailed its fate in this house. I'm sure some geek far cleverer than me will find a way to circumvent at least the first issue, if not the second.

Not reading much are you? Sony was being blatantly dishonest about how used games would fare on the PS4 - pretty much the same as the Xbox One in fact.

Also newsflash - Microsoft are now removing those restrictions as well as the once-daily login requirement.

Your assertion Sony was being blatantly dishonest about this is a stretch at best. Sony have stated they will be implementing the same system on the PS4 as currently exists on the PS3 and Xbox 360 i.e. developers can implement their own DRM restrictions if they so choose - given this hasn't historically been done, there's nothing to suggest they will start doing so on the PS4 now. This is very different to what Microsoft announced a few weeks back, which was vague at best, and very much suggested restrictions would be implemented on the Xbox One.

And at the time Major wrote his post, Microsoft hadn't announced their U-turn so I don't think we can blame him for his lack of clairvoyancy on this. It's good that Microsoft have listened to feedback and backtracked so quickly, but then they would have been extremely foolish not to.

landzw's picture
Offline
Joined: 9 Jun 2009
Posts: 669
RE: XBOX ONE Pre-Order DONE!!!!

professorhat wrote:

manicm wrote:

MajorFubar wrote:

The expected / proposed 'ban' on used games, coupled with the incompatability with existing XBox 360 games, has pretty-much nailed its fate in this house. I'm sure some geek far cleverer than me will find a way to circumvent at least the first issue, if not the second.

Not reading much are you? Sony was being blatantly dishonest about how used games would fare on the PS4 - pretty much the same as the Xbox One in fact.

Also newsflash - Microsoft are now removing those restrictions as well as the once-daily login requirement.

Your assertion Sony was being blatantly dishonest about this is a stretch at best. Sony have stated they will be implementing the same system on the PS4 as currently exists on the PS3 and Xbox 360 i.e. developers can implement their own DRM restrictions if they so choose - given this hasn't historically been done, there's nothing to suggest they will start doing so on the PS4 now. This is very different to what Microsoft announced a few weeks back, which was vague at best, and very much suggested restrictions would be implemented on the Xbox One.

And at the time Major wrote his post, Microsoft hadn't announced their U-turn so I don't think we can blame him for his lack of clairvoyancy on this. It's good that Microsoft have listened to feedback and backtracked so quickly, but then they would have been extremely foolish not to.

 

+1  beauty, eh Not many companys listen, lets hope things stay that way

 

__________________

My Cheap Cheerful Setup

LG 50PA650T ,Talk Talk TV , Sony BDP-S4100 ,Now TV & Sound Organisation AV Rack 

Bose Soundlink, Shuffle With Bose SIE2 Sport Headphones