24 posts / 0 new
Last post
John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23081
RE: Nokia Lumia 1020

A 3MP image, earlier today...

(click for original)

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com
Kit in state of flux

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 13652
RE: Nokia Lumia 1020

Amazing clarity! :clap:

But it seems Lumia 1020 wants to compete with Hasselblad. :grin:

landzw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 days ago
Joined: 09/06/2009 - 15:36
Posts: 641
RE: Big problem: no apps, dying

altruistic.lemon wrote:

Big problem: no apps, dying OS.

Looked into buying a Nokia recently but decided they're kind of in limbo at the mo. If they'd gone Android would have been interested, they make class phones. Decided to stick with my iPhone 3GS and go with the 5 when the 5S comes out.

 

I'm sure i read about Windows phones out selling iPhone in certain places in europe

landzw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 days ago
Joined: 09/06/2009 - 15:36
Posts: 641
RE: Nokia Lumia 1020

bigboss wrote:
Amazing clarity! :clap: But it seems Lumia 1020 wants to compete with Hasselblad. :grin:

Have you seen the pics on Facebook bigboss? one picture is from a high rise building ( looks like new york ) and from that pic you can zoom in and see so much detail

Supreme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 25/06/2013 - 15:44
Posts: 157
RE: Nokia Lumia ...

Can anyone recommend me an old skool camera that takes real film please. Second hand will be fine, I have a budget of about £300.

Where I work I have access to a pro darkroom and I would like to learn all about it.

Paul.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 26/11/2010 - 21:44
Posts: 3053
RE: Nokia Lumia ...

Supreme wrote:

Can anyone recommend me an old skool camera that takes real film please. Second hand will be fine, I have a budget of about £300.

Where I work I have access to a pro darkroom and I would like to learn all about it.

 

How old school do you want it?  Do you want auto focus and great metering?  A canon Eos 3 would be ace.   Its not as sexy as a Canon 1v or a Nikon F4 as its a polycarbonate body, but has excelent af and metering (a should qualify that as excelent for the time). would leave you enough money for a 50mm 1.8 or a1.4 at a push.  Not sure if you can still find 1v for that price I'm a bit out of the loop these days.  If you want manual focus, I always had a soft spot for the Olympus OM4 Ti.  It had multiple spot metering, which was very cool, not as cool as being titanium!

Supreme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 25/06/2013 - 15:44
Posts: 157
RE: Nokia Lumia ...

Paul. wrote:

Supreme wrote:

Can anyone recommend me an old skool camera that takes real film please. Second hand will be fine, I have a budget of about £300.

Where I work I have access to a pro darkroom and I would like to learn all about it.

 

How old school do you want it?  Do you want auto focus and great metering?  A canon Eos 3 would be ace.   Its not as sexy as a Canon 1v or a Nikon F4 as its a polycarbonate body, but has excelent af and metering (a should qualify that as excelent for the time). would leave you enough money for a 50mm 1.8 or a1.4 at a push.  Not sure if you can still find 1v for that price I'm a bit out of the loop these days.  If you want manual focus, I always had a soft spot for the Olympus OM4 Ti.  It had multiple spot metering, which was very cool, not as cool as being titanium!

Thanks, will 'ave a look

fr0g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 07/01/2008 - 18:38
Posts: 3033
RE: Nokia Lumia 1020 with 41-megapixel camera coming

John Duncan wrote:
What on earth does a camera phone need with 41mpx?

 

3 very good reasons.

1. If you want a large print, a 3mp image is too small. The higher the pixel density, the better the final image.

2. Pixel dumping - ie you don't take the 41 mp image and keep it, you use some fancy algorithm to make a better quality image at 5 mpx or so.

3. The most useful IMO, is "zoom". With a 41mp starting image, you can digitally zoom in with no loss of quality. ie 20.5 mpx is 2x zoom, 10mpx is 4x zoom and 5mpx is 8x zoom...All with no optical zoom... Smile 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments