Hello - I'm considering entering the Sonos fray (but this will require some negotiation the better half..)
I've got a few questions, and I would appreciate some views from WHF staffers or those who live with these systems on a daily basis...
1. The ZP120 (renamed something else now) - in terms of "musicality" what what does it sound like, and what price range will give me an equivalent stereo amp;
2. What speakers are best paired with (It will be used in the bedroom and I've got about £150-200 to spend - I was thinking Q Acoustics 2020i).
3. How fast is it - I've attached my iPod to my Denon 3312 AVR and use the USB link. It's good, but painfully slow to use. Will the Sonos respond as fast as using my iPod via the click wheel, or is it somewhere in between?
4. Internet Radio - I take it I can store favourites etc (so it will be as simple to access as my preset stations on my current bedroom mini system?)
5. Connections - do I simply dump all of my music on a hard-drive and connect that to a £39 zone bridge and connect the zonebridge to my router?
6. I realise people love these systems, but are they really THAT good?! put it another way, where do they fall down (even the most minor niggles!).
thanks for your time.