Have your say & ask the experts!

Connect Sonos ZP90 to Arcam AVR350

20 replies [Last post]
The_Lhc's picture
RE: Connect Sonos ZP90 to Arcam AVR350

Curious to know why you didn't just get an rlink that's exactly the same but has an additional input and costs 30-odd quid less (i think it's the rlink anyway)?

gspice1980's picture

Interesting to hear that you found the Arcam SonLink an improivement, as I have the same amp as you and was considering the same upgrade.  I realise that it is eactly the same as the rLink, but it does come in a nicer looking box  Smile

The_Lhc's picture

gspice1980 wrote:
I realise that it is eactly the same as the rLink, but it does come in a nicer looking box  Smile

Yes, 35 quid more for a box that removes one of the inputs and renders the hi-res capabilities unusable...

ROB2009's picture

To be honest, I don't fully understand the technologies and just wanted something that worked and that matched the Sonos ZP90!

.... But I take your point that I could have bought something cheaper / maybe better...

I know a little nore now....maybe next time Smile

Sony KDL37W550, Arcam AVR350, Sony BDP-S5000ES, Sky+HD, B&W CM7's, B&W CM Centre, B&W FPM2's, Sunfire HRS-8, Sonos Play 5, Sonos Play 3, Sonos ZP90, Arcam SonLink dac for ZP90

The_Lhc's picture

ROB2009 wrote:

To be honest, I don't fully understand the technologies and just wanted something that worked and that matched the Sonos ZP90!

.... But I take your point that I could have bought something cheaper / maybe better...

I know a little nore now....maybe next time Smile

On the upside, if you did want to use the other input or the hi-res capability you can just open up the SonLink case and you'll find the rLink hidden inside, complete and whole.

On the downside you've then paid £30 extra for a piece of plastic you're no longer using...