WHF Fantasy Football league - the final scores!
Well at the end of the season there was only going to be one winner...step up Mr Steve Evans, aka Singing the Blues, who not only ended with a commanding lead over the WHF league, but beat some notable names on the way. Here's the final tally:
1) Singing the Blues (Steve Evans) - 1559 points; 5432 in the entire Telegraph league
2) Hansens X1 (Alan Hansen) - 1517 points; 12,122 (pah - call yourself an expert, Hansen!)
3) Dirty Dawgs (Guy Ainley) - 1403 points; 54,414th
4) Shaken Not Stirred (Gavin Jaynes) - 1371 points; 72,207th
5) Jose's Special X1 (Jose Mourinho) - 1366 points, 75,078th.
The top WHF staffer was deputy editor Dom Dawes, who came 8th in our league with 1350 points.
Thanks to utter lack of substitutions all season (hey, I was too busy finding/sending out prizes for you lot!!), I got a magnificent 901 points and was 231,323rd....
Steve's prize, once he confirms his email address is still the same (Steve, can you pop me an email, please?), will be a £50 Amazon voucher. Ideal for a celebratory disc-buying spree!
I'll see what our colleagues at FourFourTwo magazine can do re an even bigger, better WHF Fantasy Football league for 2009/2010.