2248 posts / 0 new
Last post
John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23029
RE: This is going to be a short

1) Take turns to nominate three films, by number above.

2) Members vote on preferred film in a 1,2,3 order.  Film 1 gets 3 points, film 2 gets 2 points, film three gets one point.

3) Film with most pooints is the film to be watched.

4) You have two weeks to watch (TBD).

5) No discussion until everybody has seen it.

6) Discussion can start after everyone has seen it and does not have to wait two weeks - eg if everybody watches it on day one, we don't have to wait

7) You can discuss as long as you want, but new film nomination starts immediately - ie no moratorium on previous fims, but move on to selection of next film immediately.

Thoughts?

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 17 hours ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5322
RE: Film Club

I've made proposals for some of the rules, feel free to object, agree, change, and add new rules, and when we're all agreed and happy to proceed, we'll start to watch films at the beginning of next month.

1. One member proposes 3 films at the beginning of each month, the other members choose one of those three films to view during that month. The film with the most votes is the film which will be viewed by all members. If 2 or more films get equal votes, the proposer gets the casting vote, as long as the proposed film is available to all members. 

2. There are 6 full members, but sub-members are free to watch the films, give opinions on the films watched, and recommend films, though only full members will be able to propose films. The recommendations will be there to aid full members only.

Can't really think of anything else, other than the promotion and relegation of members/sub-members. I think this should be down to all the full members if they feel that a member is not actively playing there part, and a sub-member would be a better full member, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

 

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 17 hours ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5322
RE: I agree with Ben, welcome to

chebby wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:
I agree with Ben, welcome to the club. We now have our 6 members, now it's time to make the rules.

The first rule of Film Club is: You DO NOT talk about Film Club.

 

I wondered how long it would be before somebody said it.  :)

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

AL13N's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 29/11/2009 - 21:07
Posts: 564
RE: Film Club I agree with Ben, welcome to

chebby wrote:
The first rule of Film Club is: You DO NOT talk about Film Club.

http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/smily_headphones1.gif

AL13N's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 29/11/2009 - 21:07
Posts: 564
Film Club

Film4 have a World Cinema slot every Thursday at 11am:

http://www.film4.com/whats-on/world-cinema-on-film4

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 17 hours ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5322
RE: This is going to be a short

John Duncan wrote:

1) Take turns to nominate three films, by number above.

OK

2) Members vote on preferred film in a 1,2,3 order.  Film 1 gets 3 points, film 2 gets 2 points, film three gets one point.

That could work.

3) Film with most pooints is the film to be watched.

As above.

4) You have two weeks to watch (TBD).

I think the rest of the month, as you have to purchase,wait for, and find time to watch the film.

5) No discussion until everybody has seen it.

Agreed

6) Discussion can start after everyone has seen it and does not have to wait two weeks - eg if everybody watches it on day one, we don't have to wait

Agreed

7) You can discuss as long as you want, but new film nomination starts immediately - ie no moratorium on previous fims, but move on to selection of next film immediately.

I think wait until the next month, but I'd be prepared to change if we were all waiting about for weeks having viewed the film.

Thoughts?

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23029
RE: This is going to be a short

As soon as I posted two weeks, I realised that wouldn't be enough time. These might not always be the easiest films to source, so your suggestion of a month is better.

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com

Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 20/04/2011 - 23:03
Posts: 2203
RE: This is going to be a short

John Duncan wrote:
As soon as I posted two weeks, I realised that wouldn't be enough time. These might not always be the easiest films to source, so your suggestion of a month is better.

I think we've got ourselves some nice roules! You've my vote!

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite>Clearaudio Basic Plus

Synology NAS>Rega DAC>Pathos Classic One MKIII>Dynaudio Excite X12

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23029
RE: This is going to be a short

Hi-FiOutlaw wrote:

John Duncan wrote:
As soon as I posted two weeks, I realised that wouldn't be enough time. These might not always be the easiest films to source, so your suggestion of a month is better.

I think we've got ourselves some nice roules! You've my vote!

Do you mean roubles? Are we getting *paid* for this? If so, may I suggest the US Dollar as a more stable currency please.

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com

Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 20/04/2011 - 23:03
Posts: 2203
RE: This is going to be a short

John Duncan wrote:

Hi-FiOutlaw wrote:

John Duncan wrote:
As soon as I posted two weeks, I realised that wouldn't be enough time. These might not always be the easiest films to source, so your suggestion of a month is better.

I think we've got ourselves some nice roules! You've my vote!

Do you mean roubles? Are we getting *paid* for this? If so, may I suggest the US Dollar as a more stable currency please.

ROFL

Rules!  :grin:

and how about the red wine i've read...?

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite>Clearaudio Basic Plus

Synology NAS>Rega DAC>Pathos Classic One MKIII>Dynaudio Excite X12

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23029
RE: This is going to be a short

Hi-FiOutlaw wrote:

and how about the red wine i've read...?

"Model's own."

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23029
RE: This is going to be a short

And here it is:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6328
RE: This is going to be a short

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

John Duncan wrote:

1) Take turns to nominate three films, by number above.

OK

2) Members vote on preferred film in a 1,2,3 order.  Film 1 gets 3 points, film 2 gets 2 points, film three gets one point.

That could work.

3) Film with most pooints is the film to be watched.

As above.

4) You have two weeks to watch (TBD).

I think the rest of the month, as you have to purchase,wait for, and find time to watch the film.

5) No discussion until everybody has seen it.

Agreed

6) Discussion can start after everyone has seen it and does not have to wait two weeks - eg if everybody watches it on day one, we don't have to wait

Agreed

7) You can discuss as long as you want, but new film nomination starts immediately - ie no moratorium on previous fims, but move on to selection of next film immediately.

I think wait until the next month, but I'd be prepared to change if we were all waiting about for weeks having viewed the film.

Thoughts?

 

All seems sensible to me, including the month rather than two weeks. For (7), I'd say a new film can be suggested as soon as everyone's watched the last film and had some time for discussion. That'll probably mostly be the full month anyway I'd guess.

 

From your comment about non-members making suggestions I think this is built in, but it seems sensible to allow for some discussion time before the a proposal of three films is made.

 

As for wine, perhaps the proposer could also suggest an appropriate accompanying tipple? 

Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 20/04/2011 - 23:03
Posts: 2203
RE: This is going to be a short

BenLaw wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

John Duncan wrote:

1) Take turns to nominate three films, by number above.

OK

2) Members vote on preferred film in a 1,2,3 order.  Film 1 gets 3 points, film 2 gets 2 points, film three gets one point.

That could work.

3) Film with most pooints is the film to be watched.

As above.

4) You have two weeks to watch (TBD).

I think the rest of the month, as you have to purchase,wait for, and find time to watch the film.

5) No discussion until everybody has seen it.

Agreed

6) Discussion can start after everyone has seen it and does not have to wait two weeks - eg if everybody watches it on day one, we don't have to wait

Agreed

7) You can discuss as long as you want, but new film nomination starts immediately - ie no moratorium on previous fims, but move on to selection of next film immediately.

I think wait until the next month, but I'd be prepared to change if we were all waiting about for weeks having viewed the film.

Thoughts?

 

All seems sensible to me, including the month rather than two weeks. For (7), I'd say a new film can be suggested as soon as everyone's watched the last film and had some time for discussion. That'll probably mostly be the full month anyway I'd guess.

 

From your comment about non-members making suggestions I think this is built in, but it seems sensible to allow for some discussion time before the a proposal of three films is made.

 

As for wine, perhaps the proposer could also suggest an appropriate accompanying tipple? 

an assortment of cheeses...  :roll:

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite>Clearaudio Basic Plus

Synology NAS>Rega DAC>Pathos Classic One MKIII>Dynaudio Excite X12

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6328
RE: This is going to be a short

Well if we're watching a French film it should allow a wide choice of both cheese and wine.

Pages

Log in or register to post comments