2592 posts / 0 new
Last post
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5841
RE: I think it's function was to

We could try Strapped, but I doubt it would be possible, plus I have to be in the mood for certain types of film, so I'd probably rather not. 

I'm away from home until Friday evening, so no idea if the film's been delivered yet. Will report in to the wife later and ask her.

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 20/04/2011 - 23:03
Posts: 2405
RE: The WHF Film Club

My copy arrived today as well! 

I'm gessing that this one will be seen in quattro volte... :shifty:

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite>Clearaudio Basic Plus

Synology NAS>Rega DAC>Pathos Classic One MKIII>Dynaudio Excite X12

expat_mike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 30/03/2013 - 19:10
Posts: 440
RE: The WHF Film Club

My copy is in the post, but the estimated delivery date is 26th Oct  :cry: - so please wait a bit longer before watching the film.

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5841
RE: The WHF Film Club

My film has arrived, so will try to watch this, or next weekend.

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

strapped for cash's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 5 min ago
Joined: 17/08/2009 - 20:56
Posts: 4619
RE: The WHF Film Club

Finally, I've a weekend uncluttered with work, so I'll watch Le Quattro Volte (I'm not sure when I'll get the chance otherwise). I've got a stack of Blu-rays to get through, so perhaps a film marathon is on the cards.  

Not the most interesting post ever, but there you go...

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5841
RE: The WHF Film Club

strapped for cash wrote:

Finally, I've a weekend uncluttered with work, so I'll watch Le Quattro Volte (I'm not sure when I'll get the chance otherwise). I've got a stack of Blu-rays to get through, so perhaps a film marathon is on the cards.  

Not the most interesting post ever, but there you go...

But informative.

I'll try to watch it tomorrow if I can stay awake, and without the distraction of my turntable, the next few weeks could be a good time to catch up on some movies.

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6450
RE: The WHF Film Club

I'd pre-ordered the steelbook blu ray of The Wicker Man about six months ago, watched it tonight. The vast majority of it looks absolutely stunning. Some of the dialogue is a little anaemic but the music is really crisp. The new cut is very interesting too, highly recommended to you guys who liked it  Smile

Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 20/04/2011 - 23:03
Posts: 2405
RE: The WHF Film Club

I've watch "Le Quattro Volte"... :wall: :silenced:

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite>Clearaudio Basic Plus

Synology NAS>Rega DAC>Pathos Classic One MKIII>Dynaudio Excite X12

strapped for cash's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 5 min ago
Joined: 17/08/2009 - 20:56
Posts: 4619
RE: The WHF Film Club

BenLaw wrote:

I'd pre-ordered the steelbook blu ray of The Wicker Man about six months ago, watched it tonight. The vast majority of it looks absolutely stunning. Some of the dialogue is a little anaemic but the music is really crisp. The new cut is very interesting too, highly recommended to you guys who liked it  Smile

It's an inevitable purchase for me, but I'm waiting for a price drop.

I was under the impression that "the final cut" is the director's cut, with a few early scenes of Howie on the mainland taken out. Is there anything else that's different?

I'm sure I'll enjoy "Corn Rigs" and "The Landlord's Daughter" in lossless audio. :grin:

 

strapped for cash's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 5 min ago
Joined: 17/08/2009 - 20:56
Posts: 4619
RE: The WHF Film Club

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

I'll try to watch it tomorrow if I can stay awake, and without the distraction of my turntable, the next few weeks could be a good time to catch up on some movies.

That'll probably be little compensation. At least we can discuss the film once we've all watched it. 

strapped for cash's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 5 min ago
Joined: 17/08/2009 - 20:56
Posts: 4619
RE: The WHF Film Club

Hi-FiOutlaw wrote:

I've watch "Le Quattro Volte"... :wall: :silenced:

Not the most neutral of emoticons there, Hi-Fi Outlaw! :grin:

Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 20/04/2011 - 23:03
Posts: 2405
RE: The WHF Film Club

strapped for cash wrote:

Hi-FiOutlaw wrote:

I've watch "Le Quattro Volte"... :wall: :silenced:

Not the most neutral of emoticons there, Hi-Fi Outlaw! :grin:

it is not me, is this yellow guys... Wink

i'm forbidden by the rules... :shhh:

 

:cheers:

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite>Clearaudio Basic Plus

Synology NAS>Rega DAC>Pathos Classic One MKIII>Dynaudio Excite X12

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6450
RE: The WHF Film Club

strapped for cash wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

I'd pre-ordered the steelbook blu ray of The Wicker Man about six months ago, watched it tonight. The vast majority of it looks absolutely stunning. Some of the dialogue is a little anaemic but the music is really crisp. The new cut is very interesting too, highly recommended to you guys who liked it  Smile

It's an inevitable purchase for me, but I'm waiting for a price drop.

I was under the impression that "the final cut" is the director's cut, with a few early scenes of Howie on the mainland taken out. Is there anything else that's different?

I'm sure I'll enjoy "Corn Rigs" and "The Landlord's Daughter" in lossless audio. :grin:

 

This site has some good info on the differences: http://www.steve-p.org/wm/shortonly.htm

 

Looking at it, my DVD is probably of the 'short' version, so a fair bit different. The 'middle' version is shorter than the 'extended' version but still has some additional scenes, such as in the graveyard early in the film. 

 

I heard Mark Kermode say recently (and it is if note he presents the first of the extras on the disc) that the director considers this the closest version to what had originally been intended, although there is still some lost footage. 

 

There are some scenes which are obviously of much worse quality than the rest; those look to be additional to the 'short' version. 

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23081
RE: The WHF Film Club

Hi-FiOutlaw wrote:

I've watch "Le Quattro Volte"... :wall: :silenced:

I had the opportunity last night but was so knackered after a 30 hour stretch at work on Wednesday that I just went to bed.

We can watch it now though, I take it...?

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com
Kit in state of flux

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6450
RE: The WHF Film Club

You can watch it whenever, so absolutely. Not best to do it tired, as it requires a little concentration I would say. 

 

Btw I am not easily offended and have no emotional attachment to this film so people can be as frank as they like about it!  :wall:  Wink

Pages

Log in or register to post comments