2562 posts / 0 new
Last post
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
expat_mike wrote:

expat_mike wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Does anyone here want to join the WHF Fantasy Football League?

Now that I am in France, I do not watch much UK football, so for me, picking the team would include an element of sticking pins in a list of names. I think that I would struggle to beat your wifes team.

I will have a look at the details, and think about it.

Come on Mike, the league's looking embarrassingly small. 

My wife has picked a reasonable team, and she knows next to nothing about football, and you can always check to see the big point scorers from last season, and which players are the most popular this season by clicking at the top of the columns. 

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

David@FrankHarvey wrote:

David@FrankHarvey wrote:

I'll wait until this has been ironed out! A tad busy over the next few days as well, so bear with me...

Could do with your 3 films as soon as possible please David.

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

expat_mike's picture

Come on Mike, the league's looking embarrassingly small. 

My wife has picked a reasonable team, and she knows next to nothing about football, and you can always check to see the big point scorers from last season, and which players are the most popular this season by clicking at the top of the columns. 

I relied on the Team Autoselect functionality, finished off with a bit of manual finetuning.

I think I have ended up with a reasonable team, to start the season with.

Drinks

David@FrankHarvey's picture
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote

I haven't read the whole thread, so bear with me on recommendations - I know Snowtown was mentioned a short while back - did everyone see that, or is it open to being out forward again?

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

David@FrankHarvey wrote:

David@FrankHarvey wrote:

I haven't read the whole thread, so bear with me on recommendations - I know Snowtown was mentioned a short while back - did everyone see that, or is it open to being out forward again?

I haven't seen it, so I know it's never been chosen, but I can't say with any certainty than Ben didn't propose it.

So which one of you said that

So which one of you said that "The World's End" was worth watching?

It wasn't.

BenLaw's picture

<a href="mailto:David@FrankHarvey">David@FrankHarvey</a> wrote:

I haven't seen it, so I know it's never been chosen, but I can't say with any certainty than Ben didn't propose it.

I proposed it first time round. You all picked the goat film instead!

BenLaw wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

B-a-a-a-a-a-h-h!

It wasn't.

Brilliant, and a nice close to the trilogy Smile

If you'd have said "This Is The End" (the other film out around the same time), I'd have believed you - a big pile of donkey poo.

BenLaw

BenLaw wrote:

I'm not even going to ask...

David@FrankHarvey wrote:

David@FrankHarvey wrote:

It wasn't.

Brilliant, and a nice close to the trilogy Smile

If you'd have said "This Is The End" (the other film out around the same time), I'd have believed you - a big pile of donkey poo.

I'll have to agree to disagree, to me and my wife, it was one of the worst films we've seen in years. Not one laugh, no chemistry between the actors, a god awful script, and so far up it's own ar$e it could well have found Ricky Gervais up there. 

Go for your 3 David.....

Go for your 3 David.....

You'll have to let me know if

You'll have to let me know if any of these have been used before...

City Of Life And Death http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1124052/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A depiction of the 1937 war between Japan and China. 

Snowtown  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1680114/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It is worth watching the Bodies In The Barrells documentary, as for me, it helped with who was who, and also gives a little more to the true story of Australia's most notorious serial killer.

Under The Skin  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441395/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Probably the least said about this, the better...

The first two are relatively cheap to get hold of, and the last one is on LoveFilm - let me know if anyone doesn't have LoveFilm and I'll choose something else.

BenLaw's picture
Good choices, I'll vote on

Good choices, I'll vote on that. Plus strapped has seen at lest two of those so we might get some lurker comments. 

I vote Snowtown 3 pts, Under

I vote Snowtown 3 pts, Under The Skin 2 pts, and City Of Life And Death 1 pt.

As the husband of a very patriotic Japanese lady, I have to say how uncomfortable I am with the subject matter of City Of Life And Death, and if I was to bring that film into my house, there'd probably be further bloodshed. Mine.

If it gets chosen, I will have to pass on it.

Pages