2331 posts / 0 new
Last post
expat_mike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 30/03/2013 - 19:10
Posts: 410
BenLaw wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

Thanks BBB, I'll try and remember to set it to record, sounds entertaining. 

Can we get votes from David and JD? Have to say I'm finding these processes very frustrating when people don't vote and don't discuss the films. 

I know how you feel. I will make an effort today to rewatch The Lives of Others with the directors commentary, to discover if that sheds any new light on the topics that we discussed a few weeks ago. This will clear the forum, ready for As if i am not there.

Normally it should be me to start the discussion about As if i am not there, but I think that we are still waiting for some members to watch the film. I am tempted to watch it again myself, to try and answer some questions that I had after my first viewing.

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11281
I have seen all of these

I have seen all of these before, but not for some time now, so I don't mind revisiting any of them. As City Of Lost Children is by the same team as Delicatessen, I'll vote the following:

City Of Lost Children 3points

Bubba Ho-Tep 2 points

AngelA 1point

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

expat_mike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 30/03/2013 - 19:10
Posts: 410
That means with just JD to

That means with just JD to vote, the running totals are:

City Of Lost Children 10 points

Bubba Ho-Tep 8 points

AngelA 6 points

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6359
expat_mike wrote:

expat_mike wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

Thanks BBB, I'll try and remember to set it to record, sounds entertaining. 

Can we get votes from David and JD? Have to say I'm finding these processes very frustrating when people don't vote and don't discuss the films. 

I know how you feel. I will make an effort today to rewatch The Lives of Others with the directors commentary, to discover if that sheds any new light on the topics that we discussed a few weeks ago. This will clear the forum, ready for As if i am not there.

Normally it should be me to start the discussion about As if i am not there, but I think that we are still waiting for some members to watch the film. I am tempted to watch it again myself, to try and answer some questions that I had after my first viewing.

 

I think we're all waiting to watch it! BBB gave us a 'summer break' and allowed us to the end of this month to watch it. If lovefilm are playing ball I should have it tomorrow. 

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6359
David@FrankHarvey wrote:

David@FrankHarvey wrote:

I have seen all of these before, but not for some time now, so I don't mind revisiting any of them. As City Of Lost Children is by the same team as Delicatessen, I'll vote the following:

City Of Lost Children 3points

Bubba Ho-Tep 2 points

AngelA 1point

 

Nice one, thanks David. 

richardw42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 02/05/2010 - 18:56
Posts: 1943
I've watched As if........  I

I've watched As if........  I won't comment yet. 

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5425
richardw42 wrote:

richardw42 wrote:

I've watched As if........  I won't comment yet. 


My copy is on the way to me.

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5425
BenLaw wrote:

BenLaw wrote:

Thanks BBB, I'll try and remember to set it to record, sounds entertaining. 

It is, but if you don't like it (and that is a possibility), you should still try and watch Kung Fu Hustle.

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

richardw42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 02/05/2010 - 18:56
Posts: 1943
Kung Fu Hustle is brilliant. 

Kung Fu Hustle is brilliant. 

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6359
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

richardw42 wrote:

I've watched As if........  I won't comment yet. 

My copy is on the way to me.

 

Mine should arrive tomorrow. 

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11281
Kung Fu Hustle is a better

Kung Fu Hustle is a better watch than Shaolin Soccer, and as BBB has said, still worth watching if you're not keen on SS.

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6359
Anyone seen owt of JD?

Anyone seen owt of JD?

richardw42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 02/05/2010 - 18:56
Posts: 1943
Has he popped up to

Has he popped up to Nailsworth to buy some DM5s with his Germany winnings ?

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6359
I've watched the film. Now I

I've watched the film. Now I'm off to slash my wrists. 

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11281
I will have watched As If I

I will have watched As If I Am Not There by Sunday evening.

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

Pages

Log in or register to post comments