13079 posts / 0 new
Last post
Electro's picture
RE: What are you listening to?

Electrocompaniet EMC 1 UP , Monarchy Audio DIP, Electrocompaniet ECD 1 dac , EC4.8 preamp , 2x AW180 monoblock power amps , PMC PB1i speakers . Thousands of Cd's .

iceman16's picture

Just bought this from a local charity shop for 79p in mint condition:bounce:

Eagles 1972-1999 selected works:rockout:

Main system: MF AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT cables

Bedroom: Laptop(Qobuz) / Chord gem / Rega Brio-r / KEF ls50 / TQ black / Sennheiser momentum

MrReaper182's picture

I am listening to the album Vanish Vally by folk band Vanish Vally. A very beautiful and much underrated album.  

Sony 808 ES Amplifer, PSB imagine B bookshelf speakers, Pro-ject debut carbon turntable, Audiolab 8200 CD player, Atlas cables, Partington super dreadnought speakerstands and Quadraspire Q4EVO hi-fi rack. 

MrReaper182's picture
RE: What are ?

survivor wrote:

MrReaper182 wrote:

I'm listening to the album Vinland saga by symphonic metal band Leaves' Eyes. Great album, it is probably my favorite by the band. I love the song Elegy but all the songs are fantasic. A true clasic of the symphonic metal genre.

Got this one and as you say a very good album. You`ve reminded me I haven`t played it in awhile!

So your a symphonic metal fan then, that's cool. Yes Vinland is a great album. Whats your favorite symphonic metal album? Mine is the album Once by Nightwish. 

Sony 808 ES Amplifer, PSB imagine B bookshelf speakers, Pro-ject debut carbon turntable, Audiolab 8200 CD player, Atlas cables, Partington super dreadnought speakerstands and Quadraspire Q4EVO hi-fi rack. 

DIB's picture

Creek/ProJect/SBT/Epos

DIB's picture

The sublime voice of Dion, coupled with the unique Phil Spector production makes for a truly wonderful album..

Creek/ProJect/SBT/Epos

MrReaper182's picture
RE: What are

I'm listening to the album Sounding amosaic by reggae band Bedouin Soundclash.  Lovey reggae album.

DIB's picture

1970's British jazz rock...

...nice!

Creek/ProJect/SBT/Epos

Freddy58's picture

Give us a clue DIB? Smile

DIB's picture

Freddy58 wrote:

What!   Do you mean to tell me that you didn't instantly recognise the album If3 by the band If?   Blum 3

Creek/ProJect/SBT/Epos

Freddy58's picture

DIB wrote:

Freddy58 wrote:

What!   Do you mean to tell me that you didn't instantly recognise the album If3 by the band If?   Blum 3

:grin:

I remember the band name, and seem to remember the covers were quite striking? I don't recall hearing them though.

Drummerdave's picture

Shonen Knife

King Khan and the Shrines

F**k Buttons

Macspur's picture

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

survivor's picture

MrReaper182 wrote:

survivor wrote:

MrReaper182 wrote:

I'm listening to the album Vinland saga by symphonic metal band Leaves' Eyes. Great album, it is probably my favorite by the band. I love the song Elegy but all the songs are fantasic. A true clasic of the symphonic metal genre.

Got this one and as you say a very good album. You`ve reminded me I haven`t played it in awhile!

So your a symphonic metal fan then, that's cool. Yes Vinland is a great album. Whats your favorite symphonic metal album? Mine is the album Once by Nightwish. 

Hi MrReaper, sorry not got back to you sooner, I`ve been away for a few days.

Favourite symphonic metal album? Had to think about this and guess what? Mine`s `Once` as well. I did have to think for a bit but taking everything into consideration it is a very strong album. In fact it was the track `Nemo` that really got me interested in the genre. I also like -

Nightwish - `Century Child`, `Dark Passion Play` and `Wishmaster`

Within Temptation - `Enter`, `Mother Earth` and `Silent Force`

Stream Of Passion - `Embrace The Storm` (masterminded by the brilliant Arjen Lucassen)

Epica - `The Phantom Agony`  (love Simone Simons voice)

Anything by Pythia who feature Emily Ovenden from Medieaval Baebes and Celtic Legend and of course Leaves Eyes. I also like listening to After Forever and Deliain but haven`t actually purchased any albums by these two as yet.

If we were to go into Symphonic Power Metal then Rhapsody (now Rhapsody Of Fire), Luca Turilli and Kamelot are my current favourites. Mind you Rhapsody and Kamelot are quite different really.

So, who are your favourites?

MrReaper182's picture

survivor wrote:

MrReaper182 wrote:

survivor wrote:

MrReaper182 wrote:

Hi MrReaper, sorry not got back to you sooner, I`ve been away for a few days.

Favourite symphonic metal album? Had to think about this and guess what? Mine`s `Once` as well. I did have to think for a bit but taking everything into consideration it is a very strong album. In fact it was the track `Nemo` that really got me interested in the genre. I also like -

Nightwish - `Century Child`, `Dark Passion Play` and `Wishmaster`

Within Temptation - `Enter`, `Mother Earth` and `Silent Force`

Stream Of Passion - `Embrace The Storm` (masterminded by the brilliant Arjen Lucassen)

Epica - `The Phantom Agony`  (love Simone Simons voice)

Anything by Pythia who feature Emily Ovenden from Medieaval Baebes and Celtic Legend and of course Leaves Eyes. I also like listening to After Forever and Deliain but haven`t actually purchased any albums by these two as yet.

If we were to go into Symphonic Power Metal then Rhapsody (now Rhapsody Of Fire), Luca Turilli and Kamelot are my current favourites. Mind you Rhapsody and Kamelot are quite different really.

So, who are your favourites?

Very cool. My favorites are:

The heart of everything and Mother Earth by Within Temptation, Astronomicon by Without Face, all the albums that Tarja Turunen did with Nightwish (I will play people Nemo who say metal music is just noise and is not beautiful just to show then how wrong they are) as well as all of her solo albums, all of Leave's Eyes albums (liv Kristine solo albums are also great  but they are not metal albums so they don't count), Aegis by Theatre Of Tragedy and all of Lacuna Coil's albums from their second onward (I do not own their first and I have never heard it).  

I also love Kamelot. My favorite albums by them are Poetry for the poisoned, One cold winter's night and Siliverthorn. I have never listened to Rhapsody or Luca Turilli. 

Pages