13079 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alec's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2007 - 21:06
Posts: 6069
RE: What are you listening to?

Oop, the novelty just wore off.

SiUK's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/01/2013 - 10:15
Posts: 410
RE: What are you listening to?

Matt Berry, Kill The Wolf   :grin:

Gary Newman, The Pleasure Principle

Killing Joke, Killing Joke and Revelations

Funkadelic, Maggot Brain

 

Another period of time without music approaches. Such is life. Nevermind. 'Not enough hours...' and all that.

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2052
RE: Re: What are you listening to?

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2052
RE: Re: What are you listening to?

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

SiUK's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/01/2013 - 10:15
Posts: 410
RE: Re: What are you listening to?

Macspur wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8I0_9Q-hrk

Kina Grannis "The Keeper"

Very nice.

 

Did you listen to these, Macspur? Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEzHjw0OWRU   take 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPdNj6sKurc   take 2

 

I like the rawness, and you can hear Kina's voice quite clearly...which is a good thing. Here she is

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa8Jj3LtWBQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUMJOksbUeFSWjzw4AFI3tig

boggit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 24/02/2013 - 17:41
Posts: 251
RE: Re: What are you listening to?

Macspur wrote:

Lily & Madeleine – Lily & Madeleine

Delicious!

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

Lovely from the first listen! In fact i listened to it twice in bed this morning (day off) Now listening on my system.

Cheers

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2052
RE: Re: What are you listening to?

SiUK wrote:

Macspur wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8I0_9Q-hrk

Kina Grannis "The Keeper"

Very nice.

 

Did you listen to these, Macspur? Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEzHjw0OWRU   take 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPdNj6sKurc   take 2

 

I like the rawness, and you can hear Kina's voice quite clearly...which is a good thing. Here she is

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa8Jj3LtWBQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUMJOksbUeFSWjzw4AFI3tig

Thanks for that, most enjoyable... Hope she's got a new album on the way.

have you got

Kina Grannis – Stairwells

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2052
RE: Re: What are you listening to?

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

SiUK's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/01/2013 - 10:15
Posts: 410
RE: Re: What are you listening to?

Macspur wrote:

Thanks for that, most enjoyable... Hope she's got a new album on the way.

have you got

Kina Grannis – Stairwells

 

I followed your link, was prompted to sign up for a Spotify account (I know) and so I did, and now I'm listening to the album. Thanks  Smile  And yeah, she's got a nice voice. Some songs are really good and some not so much. If she doesn't go too mainstream musically she'll keep her appeal. The girl's definitely got talent :grin:

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2052
RE: Re: What are you listening to?

SiUK wrote:

Macspur wrote:

Thanks for that, most enjoyable... Hope she's got a new album on the way.

have you got

Kina Grannis – Stairwells

 

I followed your link, was prompted to sign up for a Spotify account (I know) and so I did, and now I'm listening to the album. Thanks  Smile  And yeah, she's got a nice voice. Some songs are really good and some not so much. If she doesn't go too mainstream musically she'll keep her appeal. The girl's definitely got talent :grin:

Totally agree... did you check out anything else on the blog?

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

SiUK's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/01/2013 - 10:15
Posts: 410
RE: Re: What are you listening to?

Macspur wrote:

Totally agree... did you check out anything else on the blog?

 

No I didn't. I'll take a butchers though.

I listened to the Living Room Sessions (all covers, starting with Adele's Rolling in the deep)

https://play.spotify.com/album/1eF6bx49eA7EsTvdZZ4KNj

 

I let it play through twice whilst cooking dinner :grin:

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2052
RE: Re: What are you listening to?

SiUK wrote:

Macspur wrote:

Totally agree... did you check out anything else on the blog?

 

No I didn't. I'll take a butchers though.

I listened to the Living Room Sessions (all covers, starting with Adele's Rolling in the deep)

https://play.spotify.com/album/1eF6bx49eA7EsTvdZZ4KNj

 

I let it play through twice whilst cooking dinner :grin:

That's a good listen... not always keen on covers, but that is particularly nice.

To access full music content on blog, you would need to register, which is straightforward and free!

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

SiUK's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/01/2013 - 10:15
Posts: 410
RE: Re: What are you listening to?

@Mac

Thanks, now registered Smile

 

 

SiUK's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/01/2013 - 10:15
Posts: 410
RE: What are you listening to?

:star: Doobie Brothers, Livin' On The Fault Line  Dance 4

:star: Steve Earle, Guitar Town  :rockout:

:star: Matt Berry, Witchhazel   :grin:

:star: Miles Davis, In A Silent Way  :clap:

:star: Eddi Reader, Eddi Reader  Smile

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2052
RE: Re: What are you listening to?

SiUK wrote:

@Mac

Thanks, now registered Smile

Excellent!  Looking at your list above, hopefully there will be something there for you to enjoy.

Smile 

 Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

Pages

Log in or register to post comments