13011 posts / 0 new
Last post
steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 3791
Emily Barker - Nostalgia

Emily Barker - Nostalgia (Live Acoustic)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJIoLA3CjgE

This is the chilling theme tune from the excellent TV drama Wallender.

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2006
RE: Emily Barker - Nostalgia

steve_1979 wrote:
Emily Barker - Nostalgia (Live Acoustic) www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJIoLA3CjgE This is the chilling theme tune from the excellent TV drama Wallender.

That is stunning Steve.

Have you listened to any of her albums?  If not, I highly recommend them.

Mac

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 3791
RE: Emily Barker - Nostalgia

Macspur wrote:

steve_1979 wrote:
Emily Barker - Nostalgia (Live Acoustic)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJIoLA3CjgE

This is the chilling theme tune from the excellent TV drama Wallender.

That is stunning Steve.

Have you listened to any of her albums?  If not, I highly recommend them.

Mac

Glad you liked it. Smile

I've listened to some of her other music and while she's very talented it's not really to my taste. I did find this slightly different version of the song 'Nostalgia' on Spotify which is an even better version than the one posted earlier. I've been listening to it all day today.

Emily Barker & The Red Clay Halo – Nostalgia

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2006
RE: Emily Barker - Nostalgia

steve_1979 wrote:

Macspur wrote:

steve_1979 wrote:
Emily Barker - Nostalgia (Live Acoustic)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJIoLA3CjgE

This is the chilling theme tune from the excellent TV drama Wallender.

That is stunning Steve.

Have you listened to any of her albums?  If not, I highly recommend them.

Mac

Glad you liked it. Smile

I've listened to some of her other music and while she's very talented it's not really to my taste. I did find this slightly different version of the song 'Nostalgia' on Spotify which is an even better version than the one posted earlier. I've been listening to it all day today.

Emily Barker & The Red Clay Halo – Nostalgia

Pure class... right up my street! thanks a lot.

Smile

Mac

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1546
RE: Emily Barker - Nostalgia

The Division Bell - Pink Floyd Smile

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 3791
ABBA - Gold For some reason

ABBA - Gold

For some reason when I clicked on 'Play all music' this morning it started playing them in alphabetical order rather than a random order like it usually does. So this morning fate has had me listening to ABBA and it's great. I'd forgotten what an enjoyable album this is.

Electro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 30/03/2011 - 11:34
Posts: 1215
Brian Kennedy - Live in

Brian Kennedy - Live in Belfast . He has a wonderful voice and the recording catches the live feeling of being there quite well .

I do so much prefer good live recordings Smile

Main system .

Electrocompaniet EMC 1 up , Monarchy Audio DIP, ECD 1 dac , EC4.8 preamp , 2x AW180 monoblock power amps , PMC Pb1i speakers .

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 3791
Transvision Vamp - I Want

Transvision Vamp - I Want Your Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izwv2ZS-VTo

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2006
http://open.spotify.com/album

http://open.spotify.com/album/4o51P3J6CA2lS9IGXxYqkq
Lisbee Stainton "Girl on an unmade bed"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBFTO-uNb6s
"Red"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DKoznt66XY
"Girl on an unmade bed"

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

Electro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 30/03/2011 - 11:34
Posts: 1215
Leona Naess - Comatised . I

Leona Naess - Comatised .

I have just bought this from amazon for pennies , she has a lovely voice and obvious talent !

http://open.spotify.com/track/6U4Zw4nUpdIeQouUwp39CR

http://open.spotify.com/track/1IEGIYxIa7cQO0IazdjB6R

Main system .

Electrocompaniet EMC 1 up , Monarchy Audio DIP, ECD 1 dac , EC4.8 preamp , 2x AW180 monoblock power amps , PMC Pb1i speakers .

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2006
RE: Leona Naess - Comatised . I

[quote=Electro]Leona Naess - Comatised . I have just bought this from amazon for pennies , she has a lovely voice and obvious talent ! http://open.spotify.com/track/6U4Zw4nUpdIeQouUwp39CR http://open.spotify.com/track/1IEGIYxIa7cQO0IazdjB6R[/quote]

 

Electro,

I've been tempted by her a few times, but couldn't make up my mind if I liked her or not... I was the same with Julia Stone and Laura Veirs, but once I took the plunge, never looked back.

I'll give this a listen

Mac

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2006
RE: What are you listening to?

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 3791
Alice Cooper - Schools

Alice Cooper - Schools Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUugQoxS8_o

Macspur's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 03/05/2010 - 06:56
Posts: 2006
Passenger, Wicked Mans

Passenger, Wicked Mans rest
http://open.spotify.com/album/5M5R3IwPGJf7ZcxYNEt9qe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVn0r57N2sk
"For you"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVn0r57N2sk
"Things you've never done"
More quality from Passenger.

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

SiUK's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 05/01/2013 - 10:15
Posts: 428
RE: What are you listening to?

Bauhaus 'In The Flat Field'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_llVRPSCFbA&feature=share&list=PL4A3C120C6A76E9DA

http://youtu.be/6s8IeRlG1L8

Actually going through the albums, Mask, The Sky's Gone Out, and In The Flat Field

Pages

Log in or register to post comments