13011 posts / 0 new
Last post
toyota man's picture
RE: What are you listening to?

No  hits no hype just the bestJoe Bonamassa A freebe with Classic Rock worth a Tenner of anybodys money Dance 4 :rockout: Dance 4 :rockout:

steve_1979's picture
toyota man's picture

Brainwashed George Harrison Dance 4 :rockout:

steve_1979's picture

Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOeKidp-iWo

toyota man's picture

:rockout: Dance 4 :dance: On The Level Status Quo Dance 4 :dance: Dance 4 :rockout:

survivor's picture

Macspur wrote:

Hi Survivor,

that must have been some experience!

Have you ever heard anything by Oden Dragonfly?

Odin Dragonfly – Offerings

or Renaissance – A Song For All Seasons

Cheers

Mac

[/quote]

Hi Mac,

Yes, I have both. I`m ashamed to tell you that at this moment in time I can`t tell you much about the Odin Dragonfly album. Bought it when it came out but haven`t played it for so long I can`t remember too much about it? Still, now that you`ve mentioned it I shall move it to the top of my `to listen to` list.

Now then, `A Song For All Seasons` is a different matter entirely. This is in my top 20-30 albums of all time. It`s an album we often play when driving around on English holidays in the  country and it means a lot to me/us. The intro is absolutely stunning! I would recommend the more recent re-issue by Repetoire which is a very good remaster. It`s my fourth copy of this album and as I say I think it`s a terrific album. Some fans prefer the bands earlier offerings but to me it seems as though they were building up to this, their finest hour. I may still have one of the earlier issues round here somewhere and you`d be welcome to it, but, I can`t be certain were it might be so, I`d better not make a promise I might not be able to keep.

Well, hope you get to hear and enjoy!

P.S. Yes, the Blackmore`s Night gig was very good! Candice actually sat in the car with the window down a bit while Ritchie did the autographs. Had a quick chat and was given permission to take a close-up. Wish I`d had a better camera with me! It was Ritchie`s autograph I got on my ticket. I spoke briefly and he just nodded in acknowlegement but there you go! Best I could manage with so many people about.

7760's picture

'Random Access Memories' by Daft Punk.

Macspur's picture

survivor wrote:

Macspur wrote:

Hi Survivor,

that must have been some experience!

Have you ever heard anything by Oden Dragonfly?

Odin Dragonfly – Offerings

or Renaissance – A Song For All Seasons

Cheers

Mac

Hi Mac,

Yes, I have both. I`m ashamed to tell you that at this moment in time I can`t tell you much about the Odin Dragonfly album. Bought it when it came out but haven`t played it for so long I can`t remember too much about it? Still, now that you`ve mentioned it I shall move it to the top of my `to listen to` list.

Now then, `A Song For All Seasons` is a different matter entirely. This is in my top 20-30 albums of all time. It`s an album we often play when driving around on English holidays in the  country and it means a lot to me/us. The intro is absolutely stunning! I would recommend the more recent re-issue by Repetoire which is a very good remaster. It`s my fourth copy of this album and as I say I think it`s a terrific album. Some fans prefer the bands earlier offerings but to me it seems as though they were building up to this, their finest hour. I may still have one of the earlier issues round here somewhere and you`d be welcome to it, but, I can`t be certain were it might be so, I`d better not make a promise I might not be able to keep.

Well, hope you get to hear and enjoy!

P.S. Yes, the Blackmore`s Night gig was very good! Candice actually sat in the car with the window down a bit while Ritchie did the autographs. Had a quick chat and was given permission to take a close-up. Wish I`d had a better camera with me! It was Ritchie`s autograph I got on my ticket. I spoke briefly and he just nodded in acknowlegement but there you go! Best I could manage with so many people about.

[/quote]

That's a very kind offer, thank you, but I do have an original copy as well as Prologue, Turn of the Cards, Novella, Ashes are burning, Azure D Ore and Ocean Gypsey.  So if there's any there you'd like a copy of, you'd be more than welcome.  Although, if you're anything like me, you probably prefer to have an original recording.

Must admit, my Oden Dragonfly doesn't get much playing time these days.

Another you may like is Ian Anderson, The Secret Language of Birds.

Cheers

Mac

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

daveh75's picture

Hotep - Transformation Of Light

gel's picture

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=R9ecR5b8yc4

:rockout:

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

steve_1979's picture

Infected Mushroom - Never Mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK7hDvHbN_E

toyota man's picture

Seduced and abandoned Hue and Cry Dance 4 :dance: Dance 4

toyota man's picture

So Peter Gabriel Dance 4

Macspur's picture

Lilly Kershaw, an emerging talent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfyQhIdKtq4

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

simonlewis's picture

Pages