13012 posts / 0 new
Last post
moon's picture
RE: What are you listening to?

DIB wrote:

Started off 

Pulled out my favourite Jackie Leven CD to erase The Incident from my mind..

Now thats better Laughing

hey dib thanks for this..... what a great sound and find Dance 4

DIB's picture

moon wrote:

DIB wrote:

Started off 

Pulled out my favourite Jackie Leven CD to erase The Incident from my mind..

Now thats better Laughing

hey dib thanks for this..... what a great sound and find Dance 4

Cheers

I've been a fan of Jackie Leven for 20 years and have most of his albums. Sadly he passed away last year, but left a great body of work behind. He had a very eventful life to say the least, and this was his first solo album from about 1992 after overcoming heroin addiction and a near fatal assault a few years previously. A larger than life character especially on stage, his live shows were great fun. A fabulous raconteur as well as singer.

Creek/ProJect/SBT/Epos

moon's picture

Erroll Garner / Concert by the Sea

David@FrankHarvey's picture

Geogaddi, Boards Of Canada.

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

SteveR750's picture

toyota man wrote:

gel wrote:

toyota man wrote:

gel wrote:

Don't think much to this, anyone else like it?

Cheers

Ive got it on itunes not heard it yet though. I liked Slash and friends and I like Miles Kennadies voice they were great at dowload 2010:cheers:

Ah cheers for the reply, yeah I really like Slash and friends, I have Slash's first album and really like it but just don't get on with this one. Can't believe you saw them at Download - must have been amazing.  I will be interested to hear what you think of this one when you hear.  Cheers for that.  

On a slightly different note Norwich not doing to well at present - unfortunately.  Hoping we will pick up soon.

Cheers again.

As you say city not off to a good start but I think they will stay up and then start gaint killing .As I type this I am burning the slash album and I will give it a listen tomorrow:cheers:

Agree, this is a bit so so compared to the last studio album.

Made in Stoke however is what is should be, live n loud!

Saw them at download too in 2010, was there mainly for the DC. I loved seeing Saxon again too! 

Currently listening to this:

toyota man's picture

SteveR750 wrote:

toyota man wrote:

gel wrote:

toyota man wrote:

gel wrote:

Cheers

Ive got it on itunes not heard it yet though. I liked Slash and friends and I like Miles Kennadies voice they were great at dowload 2010:cheers:

Ah cheers for the reply, yeah I really like Slash and friends, I have Slash's first album and really like it but just don't get on with this one. Can't believe you saw them at Download - must have been amazing.  I will be interested to hear what you think of this one when you hear.  Cheers for that.  

On a slightly different note Norwich not doing to well at present - unfortunately.  Hoping we will pick up soon.

Cheers again.

As you say city not off to a good start but I think they will stay up and then start gaint killing .As I type this I am burning the slash album and I will give it a listen tomorrow:cheers:

Saw them at download too in 2010, was there mainly for the DC. I loved seeing Saxon again too! 

Hi I mainley whent to see AC/DC to and they were great loved the train comming out of the stage what did you think of rage and them crooked vultures ? 2013 headliners are Iron maiden Slip knot and Ramsteen
Andrew Everard's picture
idc's picture

matthewpiano wrote:

Loving it Smile

Sizzers's picture
TV

toyota man's picture

toyota man's picture

Hi all I am listening to Robert Cray the bass is so powerfull it made the cats jump:rofl:  in case you are wondering I writing this so as not to mess up the link if you quote this post not sure about all this computer ma larky .

SteveR750's picture

toyota man wrote:

SteveR750 wrote:

toyota man wrote:

gel wrote:

toyota man wrote:

gel wrote:

Cheers

Cheers again.

Hi I mainley whent to see AC/DC to and they were great loved the train comming out of the stage what did you think of rage and them crooked vultures ? 2013 headliners are Iron maiden Slip knot and Ramsteen

Not a huge rage fan myself, and crooked vultures ineteresting.

Missed Aerosmith because of the rain....:(

back to the OP

toyota man's picture

Airosmith realy rocked  we had been into Derby in the morning and got some waterproofs so we didn't miss much Did you see Airbourne ? the singer climbed up the stage and was cracking tins of beer on his head and chucking them int the crowd:rockout:

SteveR750's picture

Saw a bit of them, shame as I'm a big fan of their first album.

Last time I heard this was circa 1991 on an AR EB101 and my NAD 3130 and 18BX speakers. 

toyota man's picture

Pages