13079 posts / 0 new
Last post
CnoEvil's picture
RE: What are you listening to?

DIB wrote:

Arrived today through the post.

Hi DIB, what's it like?

I have "Live from the Royal Albert Hall", which is well recorded and is great stuff.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

daveh75's picture

The Orb Featuring Lee 'Scratch' Perry - The Orbserver In The Star House

daveh75's picture

The Fallows - Face The Wolves

DIB's picture

CnoEvil wrote:

DIB wrote:

Arrived today through the post.

Hi DIB, what's it like?

I have "Live from the Royal Albert Hall", which is well recorded and is great stuff.

Not decided yet, need a few more plays yet. Initial feeling is good with some nice guest spots on it from Beth Hart, John Hiatt and Paul Rogers. If you're a JB fan then it will be right up your street, though hardly groundbreaking.

I've not heard the Albert Hall album, but love the previous live album, From Nowhere in Particular

Creek/ProJect/SBT/Epos

CnoEvil's picture

DIB wrote:

Not decided yet, need a few more plays yet. Initial feeling is good with some nice guest spots on it from Beth Hart, John Hiatt and Paul Rogers. If you're a JB fan then it will be right up your street, though hardly groundbreaking.

I've not heard the Albert Hall album, but love the previous live album, From Nowhere in Particular

Many thanks.

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

toyota man's picture

CnoEvil wrote:

DIB wrote:

Many thanks.

Hi guys there was a free Joe Bonnamassa cd with Classic Rock called no hits no hype just the best  wellworth a listen if you can find it I will see if I can find track listing I think Beth Hart is on it. A very young Blues man He will only get better

Musical Fidelity M6500i Musical FidelityM6 CDP ATC SCM 40s Cord Chameleon plus XLRs Tellurium Q Black speaker cables

CnoEvil's picture

toyota man wrote:

Hi guys there was a free Joe Bonnamassa cd with Classic Rock called no hits no hype just the best  wellworth a listen if you can find it I will see if I can find track listing I think Beth Hart is on it. A very young Blues man He will only get better

Cheers TM

6th.replicant's picture

Richard Hawley - Standing at the Sky's Edge

daveh75's picture

Ghostpoet - Peanut Butter Blues & Melancholy Jam

daveh75's picture

James Blake - James Blake

daveh75's picture

Metronomy - Pip Paine (Pay The £5000 You Owe)

daveh75's picture

Two Door Cinema Club - Beacon

idc's picture

Hybrid, Cinematic Soundscape. Welsh duo producing music that is as described, sounds like it is for films. If you like The Cinematic Orchestra, try this.

Big Chris's picture

Definitely my album of 2012 so far.:rockout:

DIB's picture

CnoEvil wrote:

DIB wrote:

Many thanks.

On the second playing at the moment and it's sounding pretty good. I was bit pre-occupied with other things last night, having a "serious session"  Laughing tonight.  Just listened to a blinding version of Gary Moore's Midnight Blues. Great song with some sublime JB fretwork. The next track Dust Bowl is superb too, JB is definitely on top form on this recording.

Creek/ProJect/SBT/Epos

Pages