166 posts / 0 new
Last post
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5148
RE: Covers that are better than the original

Brian Auger / Julie Driscoll - Indian Rope Man  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S97ISWZsRBw

Probably the greatest living keyboard player, just brilliant

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

6th.replicant's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 26/10/2007 - 18:16
Posts: 2988
RE: Covers that are better than the original

v1c wrote:

... The Who's Behind Blue Eyes covered by Limp Bizkit ... 

Not bad, but the definitive version is by Rupert Giles  :grin:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5148
RE: Covers that are better than the original

BenLaw wrote:

Flaming Lips cover of Fitst Time Ever I Saw Your Face  Smile

I love the Flaming Lips, and that is one mad cover version, but I do prefer Roberta Flack's cover personally

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12842
RE: Covers that are better than the original

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

gel, leave the rock alone (I do like some rock and metal honestly), and come to the funky side of life

JTQ - Starsky & Hutch theme  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4wxIOaJnM

 

I'm pretty set in my ways with what I like and don't like, I do like some stuff that is not rock though.  Smile

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5148
RE: Covers that are better than the original

gel wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

gel, leave the rock alone (I do like some rock and metal honestly), and come to the funky side of life

JTQ - Starsky & Hutch theme  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4wxIOaJnM

 

I'm pretty set in my ways with what I like and don't like, I do like some stuff that is not rock though.  Smile

Click on a few of my links, especially Brian Auger Indian Rope Man, you've gotta love that

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

bryster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 1 week ago
Joined: 09/08/2008 - 12:08
Posts: 58
RE: Covers that are better than the original

Jeff Buckley>Leonard Cohen- Hallelujah

Amy Winehouse>The Zutons- Valerie

Nirvana>David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12842
RE: Covers that are better than the original

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

gel wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

gel, leave the rock alone (I do like some rock and metal honestly), and come to the funky side of life

JTQ - Starsky & Hutch theme  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4wxIOaJnM

 

I'm pretty set in my ways with what I like and don't like, I do like some stuff that is not rock though.  Smile

Click on a few of my links, especially Brian Auger Indian Rope Man, you've gotta love that

 

Not bad.  I will try a few more.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12842
RE: Covers that are better than the original

bryster wrote:

Jeff Buckley>Leonard Cohen- Hallelujah

Amy Winehouse>The Zutons- Valerie

Nirvana>David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World

 

+1 For Amy Winehouse - Valerie

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12842
RE: Covers that are better than the original

Amy Winehouse - Hey Little Rich Girl

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5148
RE: Covers that are better than the original

gel wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

gel wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

gel, leave the rock alone (I do like some rock and metal honestly), and come to the funky side of life

JTQ - Starsky & Hutch theme  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4wxIOaJnM

 

I'm pretty set in my ways with what I like and don't like, I do like some stuff that is not rock though.  Smile

Click on a few of my links, especially Brian Auger Indian Rope Man, you've gotta love that

 

Not bad.  I will try a few more.

Nice one gel. Rock fans will always be rock fans, so I'm not expecting you to be fully converted, but I do love these tunes, and they're worth a listen if you haven't heard them before.

Personally, I was converted from goth, to anything but goth  :grin:

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12842
RE: Covers that are better than the original

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

gel wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

gel wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

gel, leave the rock alone (I do like some rock and metal honestly), and come to the funky side of life

JTQ - Starsky & Hutch theme  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4wxIOaJnM

 

I'm pretty set in my ways with what I like and don't like, I do like some stuff that is not rock though.  Smile

Click on a few of my links, especially Brian Auger Indian Rope Man, you've gotta love that

 

Not bad.  I will try a few more.

Nice one gel. Rock fans will always be rock fans, so I'm not expecting you to be fully converted, but I do love these tunes, and they're worth a listen if you haven't heard them before.

Personally, I was converted from goth, to anything but goth  :grin:

 

Smile

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 4 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

6th.replicant's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 26/10/2007 - 18:16
Posts: 2988
RE: Covers that are better than the original

Rolling Stones  >   Franco Battiato - Ruby Tuesday

(As heard on the OST of The World's Most Depressing Film™.)

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5148
RE: Covers that are better than the original

Jimmy Smith - Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSaVtxXtcZg

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

Paul.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 26/11/2010 - 21:44
Posts: 2956
RE: Covers that are better than the original

6th.replicant wrote:

(As heard on the OST of The World's Most Depressing Film™.)

I don't recall hearing that tune in Requiem for a Dream? Wink

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5148
RE: Covers that are better than the original

Dexy's Midnight Runners - Jackie Wilson Said

Close to the original, but I do prefer this version.

Plus, this is the classic TOTP appearance with a picture of Jocky Wilson the darts player in the background....OOOOPS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ao9p3ou7-U

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments