32 posts / 0 new
Last post
nugget2014's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2014 - 15:19
Posts: 296
Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

really wanting to buy this TV. but richer sounds dont have it in the Nottingham branch.

 

Where can i get this tv for around the same price as richer sounds if anywhere??

 

if i can't get the sony 905a. will the newer sony kdl50w829 have as near good picture quality as last years flagship?

 

its either the 829 or the 2013 805a if i cant get the 905. which one is better? the 805 would be 55" for £900

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12993
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

I'd go for the 829 first.   Smile

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

simonlewis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 15/04/2008 - 10:17
Posts: 3518
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12993
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

simonlewis wrote:

John Lewis

 

Yep.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

nugget2014's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2014 - 15:19
Posts: 296
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

gel wrote:

I'd go for the 829 first.   Smile

 

would you say the 829 is on the same level as the w905 in terms of picture quality?

 

i read that is has triluminos like the w905. but i cant see that it does on sony website. does it have such good colours as last years flagship w905?

nugget2014's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2014 - 15:19
Posts: 296
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

so here are my options:

 

1) get the sony kld50w829 tv for £899 with a free sony BDPS-6200 blu ray player and 1 in 5 chance to win a  PS4.

2) get the sony kld46w905a for £799.95 (buy my own blu ray player , sony bdps-5200 £100) and no chance to win a ps4

 

is it worth the extra money to get the 2013 w905 which has triluminos technology for better colours etc? all i want is the best picture quality i can get. do not care for sound as i am using home cinema

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12958
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

I think you should demo both TVs and buy what looks best. W905 has triluminos, but also suffers from narrower viewing angles.

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12993
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

bigboss wrote:

I think you should demo both TVs and buy what looks best. W905 has triluminos, but also suffers from narrower viewing angles.

 

Yep, I agree.

 

Colours tend to be stronger on the flagship ones, but then you are getting the extra size with the one down from this year.  It's hard to tell without a direct comparison.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

nugget2014's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2014 - 15:19
Posts: 296
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

bigboss wrote:

I think you should demo both TVs and buy what looks best. W905 has triluminos, but also suffers from narrower viewing angles.

 

john lewis is the only place who has both tvs in stock. do the tvs have option for 3d to be turned on so i can see what its like? i dont wanna buy an active tv for the first time if i cant see it. would help if they had both tvs side by side but thats probably out the question in JL

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12958
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

Check it at John Lewis. They may have kept them side by side.

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12993
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

I did a comparison today in the Sony shop and I couldn't see a difference, both were really good.  Both had strong colours and were nice.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

nugget2014's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2014 - 15:19
Posts: 296
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

gel wrote:

I did a comparison today in the Sony shop and I couldn't see a difference, both were really good.  Both had strong colours and were nice.

 

what was the source material, i'm sure on a blu ray disc or something the w905 might have better colours? because of triluminos

nugget2014's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2014 - 15:19
Posts: 296
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

also. i assume a £1600-1700 tv brand new last year which the w905 was should be far better than this years 829 which is new at £899..? if its basically 90% the same..im confused

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12993
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

nugget2014 wrote:

also. i assume a £1600-1700 tv brand new last year which the w905 was should be far better than this years 829 which is new at £899..? if its basically 90% the same..im confused

 

This years 829 is reviewing far better than last years 8 series did.  It was on the same demo material, it was high definition though.

Just the same being shown on every TV, other than the 4K one. Prices are a bit misleading because this years has dropped a little. I would take your own Blu-rays with you when you demo, because today was hard to pick them apart.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

nugget2014's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2014 - 15:19
Posts: 296
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

gel wrote:

nugget2014 wrote:

also. i assume a £1600-1700 tv brand new last year which the w905 was should be far better than this years 829 which is new at £899..? if its basically 90% the same..im confused

 

This years 829 is reviewing far better than last years 8 series did.  It was on the same demo material, it was high definition though.

Just the same being shown on every TV, other than the 4K one. Prices are a bit misleading because this years has dropped a little. I would take your own Blu-rays with you when you demo, because today was hard to pick them apart.

 

john lewis let you put blu rays in to demo? :o 

 

still leaning in favour of the w905.

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12993
RE: Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

nugget2014 wrote:

gel wrote:

nugget2014 wrote:

also. i assume a £1600-1700 tv brand new last year which the w905 was should be far better than this years 829 which is new at £899..? if its basically 90% the same..im confused

 

This years 829 is reviewing far better than last years 8 series did.  It was on the same demo material, it was high definition though.

Just the same being shown on every TV, other than the 4K one. Prices are a bit misleading because this years has dropped a little. I would take your own Blu-rays with you when you demo, because today was hard to pick them apart.

 

john lewis let you put blu rays in to demo? :o 

 

still leaning in favour of the w905.

 

Yep.

 

I own Two Sony TVs too, the Sony 46hx803 and the Sony 40lx903, so I know what the difference between those two are too.  It is pretty similar along the lines you are thinking now.  The 903 has stronger colours but the 803 benefits from size.  Both are good TVs so, you are definitely going to do well out of it.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments