Have your say & ask the experts!

The LG 55LW650T; does anybody have the optimum settings for it?

3 replies [Last post]
Treble King's picture

Excellent tv that it undoubtedly is, I feel I'm not getting the best from it yet. The HD channels are fine, but I still see motion judder on some occasions on Standard Definition channels. Can somebody who owns one of these sets oblige me, and offer some settings advice, please? I'd like to eradicate the judder if that's possible. The tv comes with the 200HZ feature, but Virgin Media only broadcasts in 50HZ, so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it. The TV's paired with the LG HX906PA Blu-Ray 3D Home Cinema system.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Andy Clough's picture
LG 55LW650T; does anybody have the optimum settings?

We find most sets perform best with motion processing turned off, have you tried that?

Andy Clough is Editor-in-Chief of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and whathifi.com

Twitter @AndrewClough

Google+ Andy Clough

Treble King's picture
RE: LG 55LW650T; does anybody have the optimum settings?

TruMotion, as it's called, doesn't seem to help or hinder all that much. I notice a slight improvement when it's set to maximum (10), but there's not much in it if I'm honest.

chris Martin's picture
RE: TV Calibration

I think you might want to try getting your TV calibrated. I have got the same TV but I haven't come acoss any issue with motion blur whether it be HD channel or not. You might try FAQ on LG site. http://www.lgblog.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/