41 posts / 0 new
Last post
DistortedVision's picture
Sony KDL-55W905A Release Date

Hi,

Has the Sony KDL-55W905A TV already been released? Some Sony Centres are saying its pre-order only. I can't find any other retailers that have it.

If its not on the market yet can you please advise of the release date?

Many thanks!

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Sony KDL-55W905A Release Date

If you want one, you have to preorder from Sony Centres or sony.co.uk for May delivery as they aren't many coming in across all retailers till June

Bear in mind that I doubt if Sony Centres or Sony.co.uk will give a free 5 year warranty unlike RSounds or John Lewis

I am waiting for one from RSounds and their trades people are finalising prices....

Thanks. I don't want to pre-order one as I want to demo it first. I've emailed John Lewis to see if they'll be stocking it as they would be my prefered retailer. Out of interest do you know what date it was released?

Thanks.

Andy Madden's picture

I've been reliably informed that W9s are going on sale toward the back end of May (3rd week and beyond)...

Rumor has it one's already been spotted at What Hi-Fi? towers...  Wink

D3CYPH3R's picture

I think some Sony Centres have them to demo now, i saw the 40 inch in Milton Keynes a few weeks back.

Cheers Andy!

Looking forward to a imminent review. I asked on Sony UK's Facebook page and they said that it is currently out of stock in the UK. It seems a bit odd they haven't had the foresight to ensure enough stock at a product launch.

Andy Madden wrote:

I've been reliably informed that W9s are going on sale toward the back end of May (3rd week and beyond)...

Indeed - I've emailed most of them and a couple have the 40" on display. Only Westfield Shepherds Bush have the 55" on display.
Unfortunately, I no longer live in London and only discovered today and all the Sony Centres in the North of England have closed down.

Hoping that John Lewis will be stocking it in due course.

D3CYPH3R wrote:

I think some Sony Centres have them to demo now, i saw the 40 inch in Milton Keynes a few weeks back.

bigboss's picture

Really?? Which part of North of England? Meadowhall Sheffield has one, so does Eldon Gardens in Newcastle. There's one in Carlisle also listed on Sony website.

http://www.sony.co.uk/dealerlocator/search

Hi Bigboss,

North West England - Cheshire outside of Manchester. This what I got when I entered my postcode on Sony's website:

Doesn't show any near me anymore and nothing at Sheffield Meadowhall either.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Like to see a W905a review before parting with a £1000 and my faulty 55 inch hx 853 as a swap for the 55 inch W905a......want to hear it eats Samsung's F8000 for breakfast!

I really normally would not pay 2.5k for TV....so doing a full part exchange in this awkward circumstance.....

The Hx853 creamed the lot in 2012 and cheaper except Pana's plasmas....want Sony to do a double!! 

Sony has created a a big gap between the W905a to the next W8*** range - crippled that range with frame dimming;passive specs;XR400 motionflow??? The Hx853 would be superior to the W8 range 

HX853 owners you still got a phenomenal TV in 2013! And didn't pay the earth for it :hand:

Andy was spot on about availability. Just had the following reply from John Lewis:

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding stock availability of the Sony Bravia KDL55W905A (Product code: 824 90237)

I am pleased to inform you that we will be stocking this television, and we have a current list price of £2399 on our internal systems. At this present moment we do not have a confirmed stocking date, however we would expect this to be within the next four weeks."

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

It is good to hear a price has been issued for the W905a at last , so it will be cheaper than at Sony Centres or Sony online.....and under cuts the Samsung F8000.

I hope RSounds can match this as in their price promise...and with a free 5 year warranty. I really can't go any where else.

With a month to go to June for release, let's hope there will be review by either WHAT HI FI or Tech radar and its affiliated publishers. Blum 3

It is one issue I will buy!

John Lewis do 5 year warranty free on all TVs. I've been a fan of Richer Sounds past 15 years but I'm going to buy mine from John Lewis purely because of the warranty. A friend of mine had a problem with his 4 year old Panasonic TV he bought from John Lewis. They gave him a full refund for the price paid  and then he bought a new TV from the current range fromm them a week later.

rocketrazor's picture

Andy Madden wrote:

looking forward to this review, with the problems I've had with my panny gt50 if I can get a refund or swap deal I might be looking at this or the samung. I wanted plasma really but there seem to be so many issues with it lately, plus not convinced I want to stay with Panasonic yet

Received an email from Sony Centre on Tottenham Court Road and they have it on display.

Also found this review - just published a few hours ago:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-bravia-kdl-55w905_TV_review

rocketrazor's picture

DistortedVision wrote:

Received an email from Sony Centre on Tottenham Court Road and they have it on display.

Also found this review - just published a few hours ago:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-bravia-kdl-55w905_TV_review

That's got me looking even more forward to what hifis review.  This review says input lag at 7ms, perfect for gamers such as myself and oldboy

Pages