4 posts / 0 new
Last post
camac's picture
Sony kdl-55hx 853, Help Needed.

I am trying to locate an alternative stand for the above, (i.e. stand fitted directly to the tv ). I have been using it with the tilt back speaker bar stand. I know from a previous thread here that Sony have a alternative stand for this model, but I can`t find the thread. The thread also supplied a part number. I can get a generic stand for this model from The Plasma Centre, but i would like the original equipement Sony version if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rocketrazor's picture
I think you have to purchase

I think you have to purchase from Sony direct. Check out the below forum

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/sony-55hx853-stand-nightmare?page=2

Last few inputs
Cheers

Oldboy's picture
RE: The part number for the

The part number for the 55HX853 normal stand is SU-HX85L.

The last I heard it was tricky to get one from Sony and that the stand was shipped from europe (Belgium if I recall correctly) and as the TV is no longer in production you might find it difficult to get one but give Sony a call and quote the part number and fingers crossed they still have one knocking around.

Be warned though as a few forum members had trouble even getting Sony customer services to admit that the stand actually exists and is available to purchase so be persistant, best of luck.

camac's picture
RE: The part number for the

Thanks rocketrazor & Oldboy for the info.

It`s much appreciated as always.