42 posts / 0 new
Last post
Naxos's picture
RE: Sony 55HX853 Stand Nightmare

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I've been in touch with Customer Support at Sony by phone and e-mail and have received confirmation that they can indeed supply the stand for my 40" 853. Dance 4 They requested various details such as serial number, etc., and say they'll get back to me in the next 36 hours.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Main system: Naim CD5 XS, Naim Supernait, Neat Elite SX speakers, Sony KDL40HX853, Panasonic DMP-BDT500, Humax Foxsat HDR, Yamaha YSP-2200 Soundbar, Ipad2, Bose Soundlink Mini

Dining Room system: Denon DM39, Q Acoustics 2010

Oldboy's picture

That's great news and further proof that a normal stand is indeed available for the tv, seems like alot of hassle getting hold of one though but just glad you got there in the end :bounce:

Samsung UE55F8000 TV (THX professional calibrated), Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence configuration), Sony BDPS790, Yamaha RX-A2020, Marantz PM6004, Marantz CD6003, Virgin TiVo 1TB, Playstation 4, Playstation 3, WD TV Live, WD My Book World 1TB.

Slooper's picture

Naxos wrote:

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I've been in touch with Customer Support at Sony by phone and e-mail and have received confirmation that they can indeed supply the stand for my 40" 853. Dance 4 They requested various details such as serial number, etc., and say they'll get back to me in the next 36 hours.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Nice one!  I'm glad someone has got some sense out of Sony Customer Service.  I gave up with them in the end, but thanks to DistortedVision who kindly told me that Daz, who purchased my original stand, had returned his TV and luckily still had the stand for sale and sold it to me.  I now have the infamous SU-HX85M stand waiting for my TV to be delivered  :bounce:

Naxos's picture

Great news, Slooper!

Sony just got back to me to say the part is currently unavailable and they'll get back in touch as soon as it's in the warehouse - I thought things were going too smoothly! I noticed a reviewer on the John Lewis site mentioned getting the stand, and apparently he'd been told it has to be shipped from Belgium, so I remain confident. :pray:

Main system: Naim CD5 XS, Naim Supernait, Neat Elite SX speakers, Sony KDL40HX853, Panasonic DMP-BDT500, Humax Foxsat HDR, Yamaha YSP-2200 Soundbar, Ipad2, Bose Soundlink Mini

Slooper's picture

Sony really do seem to be messing people around with this stand.  They really should have offered the stand to buyers as an official alternative to the tilting stand, not as some part from Belgium that you have to scour the internet for to even know it's available.  If they had just stuck to the normal stand (like Asia/US), then I am sure Sony would have sold even more of these TV, as this extra wide tilting stand is just not practical for a lot of people.

I see from their 2013 models that they have learnt their lesson and gone for a more traditional stand, hopefully the designers who thought the tilting stand was a good idea have now been strung up by their testicles and whipped with an HDMI cable :grin: .

Hopefully they will get stock of the stand in soon; I wouldn't rely on Sony to tell you when it is back in stock though, it's probably best to keep checking yourself.  Hope you get one soon.

Slooper's picture

For those wanting to purchase the Sony vertical stand, I have had a voice mail from Sony support today saying that the stand is now in stock and can be ordered.  So if you're after one give 'em a call quick.

Naxos's picture

Yay!  I also had this message yesterday, with an e-mail from Sony to say that someone would contact me to arrange for payment "shortly". I'm tenatively optimistic...

Naxos's picture

...and stand is now ordered and paid for!  Dance 4

Thanks for everybody's help with this - I'll get a photo up when the BLOK arrives and I've finished the big move around.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

ohh someone read my review Smile 

it was indeed sent from Belgium, but was a real hassle just to get it. mine was the SU-HX85L for the 55" version

Naxos's picture

danepak wrote:

Yep, that was me!  :grin:

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Naxos wrote:

danepak wrote:

Yep, that was me!  :grin:

Smile glad someone read it. just thought when i wrote the review, people needed to know about the "normal" stand.

have just discovered that my tv has a stuck green pixel and what looks like a few dead pixels underneath. so my perfect tv is not so anymore. gettin someone to have a look at it tomorrow

Pages