45 posts / 0 new
Last post
Grayalan's picture
Samsung Lip Synch

I have the same lip synch problem with freeview on a Samsung UE40H6400 that I bought in June. The problem is so severe on certain channels it is definetely unacceptable.

I have several emails from Samsung admitting there is a known problem. They have stated that their technicians are working on "a software update which will cure this issue" but cannot comment on when this will be, but suggest I check regularly for updates! There have been two updates since, but neither have fixed the problem. Fortunately Richer Sounds have agreed to replace the TV if Samsung don't fix it, and now my patience is running out, so I may have to take the replacement option.

If any of the What Hi-Fi guys are interested, I can forward copies of my email exchange with Samsung.

simonlewis's picture
Have you downloaded the

Have you downloaded the latest firmware released on the 18th august, AFAIK it is supposed to cure lip-sync problems.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/televisions/flat-tvs/UE40H6400AKXXU?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170

simonlewis's picture
Click on support underneath

Click on support underneath the tv or scroll to the bottom of the page.

Grayalan's picture
Samsung Lip Synch

Thanks Simon. However, Samsung had already directed me to that page, and like I said, the two updates issued since did not fix the problem.

Dave Carter's picture
I have just bought this TV

I have just bought this TV and I also found the lip sync issue disapointing. I have found that if you go to menu - sound - additional settings and change the audio delay it seems to have fixed it. Not had this problem with other TVs so it's a bit worrying... 

Dave Carter's picture
I have just bought this TV

I have just bought this TV and I also found the lip sync issue disapointing. I have found that if you go to menu - sound - additional settings and change the audio delay it seems to have fixed it. Not had this problem with other TVs so it's a bit worrying... 

rogershuff's picture
Still no good!

Bought this model from John Lewis two weeks ago after seeing that Samsung had a firmware update (v2116) from Sept 2nd. It did not help. Everything but the built-in Freeview HD tuner is good (SCART, RGB, Internet TV etc) (not tested HDMI In yet). The only way the freeview is watchable is to feed the audio out via the optical link into a sound bar or AV receiver and adjust the offset. Since the offset is not consistent, this is a right pain. Either I buy an external Freeview HD box or it is going back. Not sure what to swap it for as the pictures on this set are excellent.

nb997's picture
lip sync fixed yet?

hi I am looking at buying the ue40h6400 but am concered about this lip sync issue, can anyone confirm the latest firmware VERSION : 2116.1  2 SEP, 2014 has fixed the problem or not?

thanks

Rob123's picture
Samsung ue48h6400

I had the same lip synch problem on mine but if you go on menu sound, additional settings then go to audio delay mine was on 90 I now have changed it to 180 and it's fine now hope this helps.

jamesj1984's picture
I have just brought mine i

I have just brought mine i wish i read this before i brought it. Had it 2 days and watching skyy through hd on any channel through my reciever to the tv has major lip sync issues. Sound and vision is excellent just the syncing. Anyone fixed it yet otherwise i will change it for a sony.

bigboss's picture
Samsung had issued a firmware

Samsung had issued a firmware update. Is yours up to date?

jamesj1984's picture
I have fixed my audio lip

I have fixed my audio lip sync issue.
The audio delay is set at 110.
The audio on your amp will need to be set to delay at 110m/s also.
Correct me if im wrong i am a newb but this worked for me amd now i have no lip sync issues. My amp done this automatically on my last tv i must admit. Hope this helps.

jamesj1984's picture
Yes mine is fully upto date

Yes mine is fully upto date also. I think mine was more of a user/ amp issue. My amp was obviously still set up for use with my previous tv. Figured it out in the end tho like i said abobe by changing the audio delay to match the samsung delay. Easily done by having both the tv and surround sound speakers on and match the sound like a DJ would i suppose lol. Now i beat matched its sorted lol

arditzaja's picture
Remove Annoying sounds

Hi all, i just bought yesterday this Samsung tv. The screen looks gorgeous and the sound seems fine for me. But i couldn't find how to remove the key sounds when i open menu or when pressing volume up or down. If someone could help me with this i would appreciate it very much.

Pages