27 posts / 0 new
Last post
aliEnRIK's picture
RE: Samsung UE48H6400 Best settings

Ive just bought one of these. The lip sync is due to some sound settings and can be easily fixed (Not got time to check right now)

Last night I did an initial greyscale calibration so I can post these if you like?

Generally though, select MOVIE mode, Gamma -2 (Or 1), WARM 2, Sharpness way down (5 maybe) and all the extra (Not needed) settings off

These settings are pretty much bang on for brightness and contrast (Im still playing about with mine)

bigboss's picture

Welcome back, aliEnRIK! Haven't seen you in a long long while!! :clap:

daveyjay's picture

aliEnRIK wrote:

The lip sync is due to some sound settings and can be easily fixed (Not got time to check right now)

Not on the two tvs I've had the misfortune to have tried. You really ought to check it out before making a comment like that, aliEnRIK - it makes it sound like people who've had lip sync issues with the Samsung don't know what they are talking about. I've tried all the audio delay and sound settings without any joy. 

aliEnRIK's picture

bigboss wrote:

Welcome back, aliEnRIK! Haven't seen you in a long long while!! :clap:

Cheers :oops:

aliEnRIK's picture

daveyjay wrote:

aliEnRIK wrote:

The lip sync is due to some sound settings and can be easily fixed (Not got time to check right now)

Not on the two tvs I've had the misfortune to have tried. You really ought to check it out before making a comment like that, aliEnRIK - it makes it sound like people who've had lip sync issues with the Samsung don't know what they are talking about. I've tried all the audio delay and sound settings without any joy. 

I was just googling settings to see what others had done and this thread was near the top. As it was first thing this morning I just wrote it off the top of my head, so sorry if it came across that way.
Mostly I was posting about picture settings if anyone is interested (Blue is WAY off by default)

Wisbar54's picture

I for one would be interested in your settings, i have the 50" version,:)

Glacialpath's picture
aliEnRIK wrote:

aliEnRIK wrote:

Ive just bought one of these. The lip sync is due to some sound settings and can be easily fixed (Not got time to check right now)

Last night I did an initial greyscale calibration so I can post these if you like?

Generally though, select MOVIE mode, Gamma -2 (Or 1), WARM 2, Sharpness way down (5 maybe) and all the extra (Not needed) settings off

These settings are pretty much bang on for brightness and contrast (Im still playing about with mine)

Of course it's down to personal preference but in my experience all TVs give their best picture what set to Standard/Normal picture mode and Normal/Native colour mode.

Some simple advice to anyone interested and don't know about TV set up and don't want to buy a setup disc. For one most Disney movies have a setup section in the settings menu so you could use that.

Sharpness should be off completely on most TVs. However on Samsungs I have found it needs to be on about 5-15

aliEnRik is right. Turn off any extra settings. Put the backlight to it's lowest setting or nutral for the best black levels then adjust the Brightness after the Backlight is set. Contrast shouldn't be to high otherwise whites bloom and glow when they should be white. Try not to use TV broadcast as a final reference because they can differe from channel to channel despite them supposedly using industry stadard settings.

If you don't feel you are comfortable using a setup section on a BD or DVD then set all the Brightness, Contrast and Colour to neutral and the sharpness off. (it's only needed for NTSC standard def not Pal and not any HD)

If you however have the money for a full calibration this is highly recommened as you will see how good your TV/Projector really is.

Hi-Fi: Campridge audio D500 SE, DACMagic 1, C500, P500.. Monitor Audio BR1 speakers.

H-T: Pioneer; Kuro LX5090, BDP LX71, SC LX73. CA P500. SKY+HD. Rel Q50. Mordaunt Short Avant.

arditzaja's picture
Remove Annoying sounds

Hi all, i just bought yesterday this Samsung tv. The screen looks gorgeous and the sound seems fine for me. But i couldn't find how to remove the key sounds when i open menu or when pressing volume up or down etc. It make some disturbing sounds that disturbed me very much. If someone could help me with this i would appreciate it very much.

Vincent_Teoh's picture
@arditzaja: Go to [Menu] >

@arditzaja: Go to [Menu] > [System] > [General] > [Sound Feedback], then turn it off.

Warmest regards
Vincent

Professional calibrator for TVs & projectors

arditzaja's picture
Remove Annoying sounds

Hi all, i just bought yesterday this Samsung tv. The screen looks gorgeous and the sound seems fine for me. But i couldn't find how to remove the key sounds when i open menu or when pressing volume up or down etc. It make some disturbing sounds that disturbed me very much. If someone could help me with this i would appreciate it very much.

arditzaja's picture
@Vincent_Teoh

Thank you very much for your respond Vincent. You really helped me a lot with this. I would hardely find that without your help. 

Again Thank you. Smile

Pages