92 posts / 0 new
Last post
sonycentre's picture
RE: Samsung UE46F8000

Makes you  wonder how john Lewis make any profit when they keep price matching.....oh wait a minute they sell Persian rugs!!!!.Im so glad I got out retail,don't miss all the price matching thing. Smile

SiUK's picture

MrW wrote:

If I spot anything on the 46, I'll post it here

Likewise, and cheers.

lynne24's picture

gel wrote:

Electronic Empire doesn't work because it is a clearance website, you need to use Total Digital's website and it will definitely work.

@gel  Thanks for letting me know. I did wonder. I'll just stick with using Total Digital price as a price match.

lynne24's picture

MrW wrote:

I've had 2 price matches accepted against Totaldigital, and neither of them had the £30 added on, and I live nowhere near Birmingham!

@MrW  Did you mention Total Digital's £30 Delivery Cost under "Information about additional charges" in your price match request to JL? Sure they're aware of it but wondering if it makes a difference if you don't state it in your request?

gel's picture

lynne24 wrote:

gel wrote:

Electronic Empire doesn't work because it is a clearance website, you need to use Total Digital's website and it will definitely work.

@gel  Thanks for letting me know. I did wonder. I'll just stick with using Total Digital price as a price match.

No probs.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx91, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

gel's picture

I never talk about delivery cost but I do mine over the phone normally with my local John Lewis.  Not sure if it is different online.  Mr W, where are you?

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx91, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

MrW's picture

lynne24 wrote:

MrW wrote:

I've had 2 price matches accepted against Totaldigital, and neither of them had the £30 added on, and I live nowhere near Birmingham!

@MrW  Did you mention Total Digital's £30 Delivery Cost under "Information about additional charges" in your price match request to JL? Sure they're aware of it but wondering if it makes a difference if you don't state it in your request?

No, I never do, and they've never mentioned it either!

I figured it's for them to find out and mention to me!

SiUK's picture

Had a bit of an issue with the Samsung offer, but JL have now sorted it out. Got to give them full credit for that. Basically, because I returned the Panasonics and exchanged for the Samsung, the VAT receipt was for the Panasonics due to some issue they've got. And once that's been issued you can't generate another, they told me. So that meant I wasn't able to claim the cashback from Samsung because they require a valid vat receipt proof of purchase. I spoke to a chap the other day but the problem didn't get sorted so I emailed yesterday explaining the whole thing again and they emailed me back last night acknowleding the problem and offered to honour the Samsung cashback offer themselves. As my other stuff arrived today I've submitted the details to JL and they are going to credit me with the £150 instead.

10/10 for them don't you think? Crikey, I wish more companies were as on the ball as they are. Perhaps they could have a word with service companies like BT ...thye need a lot of help in that area  :roll:

Dinglebin's picture

That's great customer service.

Do you mind confirming how you claim the £150 cash back from samsung? My tv is due to be delivered on Wednesday. Do the delivery guys issue me with a vat receipt when they deliver?

Thanks ps - what did you purchase with the £150? The Blu ray I wanted is now OOS

SiUK's picture

If you bought the TV online you can log in to your account and you'll see 'VAT receipt' link above your order number. If you bought it in store it should be the receipt they gave you when you paid.

You can either download the claim PDF form, fill it in and post it to them or submit the claim online

Oh, and I bought two Samsung 32 inch TVs and two Samsung blu-ray players for the bedrooms.

lynne24's picture

MrW wrote:

lynne24 wrote:

MrW wrote:

No, I never do, and they've never mentioned it either!

I figured it's for them to find out and mention to me!

@MrW @gel Thanks both of you. Had no reply from John Lewis on my price match request with Electronic Empire as expected.  So I'll submit another online price match with JL using the Total Digital price .....and I'll omit to mention the delivery cost! Do they give you an offer code or something so you can phone them and claim the price match? There's a John Lewis not too far away from my mum or she might to see if another local retalier would also do the same price match.

@siUK That's very impressive customer service from John Lewis! Wouldn't expect that from many retailers. Good on them.

Markfj1200's picture

Hi all,

I'm new here as a forum member. I have been following this post for a week and thought I ought to say thanks to all who have posted on this thread.

I had been looking to buy this 46inch TV for some time and was close to paying the £1,499 at Curry's. However following the advice on here I submitted an on-line Price Match request to John Lewis on Saturday evening based on TD's price of £1,217.00 and JL got back to me this morning. They will match a price of £1,247 - essentially adding in the £30 delivery from TD.

What a result, I am going to place an order and purchase from JL the Samsung BD-F7500 Blue Ray player, which they now have back in stock at £179.95p - which is actually cheaper the TD's price.

Glad I found this forum, and many thanks again.

Markfj1200

bigboss's picture

lynne24 wrote:

Do they give you an offer code or something so you can phone them and claim the price match? There's a John Lewis not too far away from my mum or she might to see if another local retalier would also do the same price match.

You buy the TV at full price, and then call them on the number provided in the price match confirmation email, to refund you the difference.

strapped for cash's picture

Markfj1200 wrote:

What a result, I am going to place an order and purchase from JL the Samsung BD-F7500 Blue Ray player, which they now have back in stock at £179.95p - which is actually cheaper the TD's price.

Markfj1200

Great news that you got the price match on the TV; but there may be better options for your money than the BD-F7500.

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture

strapped for cash wrote:

Markfj1200 wrote:

Markfj1200

Great news that you got the price match on the TV; but there may be better options for your money than the BD-F7500.

I think he'll get the blu ray player with the Samsung cashback offer, so therefore very cheap, if not free.

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

Pages