261 posts / 0 new
Last post
gel's picture
RE: Samsung F8500 plasma anticipation thread

bigboss wrote:

No I didn't, as I explained before. Have guests over from London.

There are some excellent write ups on AV:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1778219-tps-meetup-part-3-a-6.html

Look at the hidden spoiler comments, and later on there are going to be lots of pictures!   :clap:  

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

At  the recent leceister plasma TV shot out organised by Richer Sounds with sets incl the legendary KPR 500 kuro and one other pioneer set,the Lx6090 the boys at hdreview who was there still gives the KPR the verdict for black levels.The sets were all calibrated by THX engineers.The Samsung F8500 did not come second and the crowds still thought the panasonics incl. the vt/zx came closer to the legend on black levels.I think we need to wait for the 2014 samsung plasma to mature like a fine vintage. There is potential as Panasonic plasmas will stop evolving.The owners of the Pioneer TVs loaned for the show would not swap any pioneer Tvs for what is on offer...unless they needed 3d or 4k .I heard that on gaming mode the F8500 is slower on the hdmi interface than on the Pc connection...so this needs to be fixed......I rather  spend big on an overengineered product for longevity sakes. Panasonic still rules the ruse.

gel's picture

z058261 wrote:

At  the recent leceister plasma TV shot out organised by Richer Sounds with sets incl the legendary KPR 500 kuro and one other pioneer set,the Lx6090 the boys at hdreview who was there still gives the KPR the verdict for black levels.The sets were all calibrated by THX engineers.The Samsung F8500 did not come second and the crowds still thought the panasonics incl. the vt/zx came closer to the legend on black levels.I think we need to wait for the 2014 samsung plasma to mature like a fine vintage. There is potential as Panasonic plasmas will stop evolving.The owners of the Pioneer TVs loaned for the show would not swap any pioneer Tvs for what is on offer...unless they needed 3d or 4k .I heard that on gaming mode the F8500 is slower on the hdmi interface than on the Pc connection...so this needs to be fixed......I rather  spend big on an overengineered product for longevity sakes. Panasonic still rules the ruse.

The big winner at the Walsall event was the VT65 from what I read.  The Pioneer unfortunately had the red tint issue on the blacks, so that was not ideal!  But, yeah the VT65 everybody loved, the Samsung did not come close with black levels and the ZT65 was barely better than the VT65!  And the GT60 was said to be on par with the VT65 which is very good news!   :clap:

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

gel's picture

Another interesting read:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57584396-221/samsung-f8500-plasma-wins-value-electronics-shootout/

gel's picture

Images of this TV here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1765934-samsung-f8500-owners-thread-continuation-plasma-thread-4.html

They do look good! 

Go to the bottom to get the best ones!

Pages