63 posts / 0 new
Last post
simonlewis's picture
RE: Samsung 55F8000 possible fault?

gel wrote:

simonlewis wrote:

I was hoping to get a new 4K tv next year, was thinking of samsung but with all these negative reviews i may stick with panasonic, i've never had any problems with them and i find them reliable...   :?

4K Panasonic or plasma?

4K panasonic led.

rocketrazor's picture

Mate, sorry to hear your having problems. After all the problems you previously had you finally found a tv you happy with and now this. Fingers crossed it gets resolved quickly and efficiently

:pray:

Oldboy's picture

bigboss wrote:

I can understand the frustration of sending the TV away just before the world cup & Wimbledon. Didn't you have a similar problem just before Olympic games?

That is correct bigboss and your memory is excellent!

With it being the summer of sport I'm even more frustrated in all honesty, don't know if I will get the chance to speak to Samsung today as it just depends on what time I get home as stupidly I left the number to call along with my receipt at home. Doh!

If not today I will definitely speak to them tomorrow but I'm just hoping it's nothing serious but knowing my luck it will be a new panel and that means a long wait for a repair if my experience with Panasonic is anything to go by.

Samsung UE55F8000 TV (THX professional calibrated), Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence configuration), Sony BDPS790, Yamaha RX-A2020, Marantz PM6004, Marantz CD6003, Virgin TiVo 1TB, Playstation 4, Playstation 3, WD TV Live, WD My Book World 1TB.

Oldboy's picture

rocketrazor wrote:

Mate, sorry to hear your having problems. After all the problems you previously had you finally found a tv you happy with and now this. Fingers crossed it gets resolved quickly and efficiently

:pray:

Thank you rocket.

Hopefully Samsung prove much better at repairs than Panasonic but I'm not holding my breath, best to prepare for the worse. Thankfully I still have the 40F7000 in the bedroom if I don't get a loan set so I won't be without a TV but with both sets being wall mounted it does mean a hell of a lot of hassle to move that TV into the living room.

Better than nothing though but let's see what Samsung's response is first, I assume an engineer will come out in the first instance and then if necessary take it away at a later date as that's been the way all my previous issues were handled.

What I will say is that apart from this the TV has been excellent.

The only problem might be that my professional calibration may be wiped if I need a new panel or some sort of repair. Does anyone know if it will need calibrating again after repair? I'm presuming a new panel would need a complete new calibration carried out...?? 

Samsung UE55F8000 TV (THX professional calibrated), Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence configuration), Sony BDPS790, Yamaha RX-A2020, Marantz PM6004, Marantz CD6003, Virgin TiVo 1TB, Playstation 4, Playstation 3, WD TV Live, WD My Book World 1TB.

ellisdj's picture

Repair probs not - planel replacement then yes

Meridian 861 V4 LPSU, HD621, Bryston 9BSST - GIK Acoustics

Monitor Audio PL100, GXC 150, GXFX, SVS SB13 ULTRA

Custom Audio PC LPSU + Batts, JPLAY, JCAT and PPA Studio

Panny 65VT65, Marantz UD7007, Graham Slee Cables, Isotek, XLO

Oldboy's picture

ellisdj wrote:

Repair probs not - planel replacement then yes

:cheers:

theflyingwasp's picture

I forgot about having to re-calibrate after panel failure! That would be most annoying! We are not talking 20quid here I was blimen £200 for the ZT.

strapped for cash's picture

Sorry to hear you're having more TV troubles, Oldboy.

Out of interest, who calibrated your TV? It might be worth calling them to explain the situation. Perhaps they'll be willing to help out. 

gel's picture

strapped for cash wrote:

Sorry to hear you're having more TV troubles, Oldboy.

Out of interest, who calibrated your TV? It might be worth calling them to explain the situation. Perhaps they'll be willing to help out. 

I am pretty sure it was Jules, wasn't it Oldboy?

I am not sure what I would do, I wouldn't be keen on paying anything near what I paid to have it done. Can't you just right down the settings, they should be okay, shouldn't they? It will only be a little out surely?

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

strapped for cash's picture

gel wrote:

Can't you just right down the settings, they should be okay, shouldn't they? It will only be a little out surely?

Unfortunately not; a new panel would mean the TV needs an entirely new calibration.

Copying settings can lead to greater inaccuracies than no attempt at calibration at all.

gel wrote:

I am pretty sure it was Jules, wasn't it Oldboy?

If so, you should probably give Jules a call. 

Oldboy's picture

Yes it was Jules guys.

As soon as I know what's going on with any potential repair I will contact him to discuss it, hopefully it won't be full cost again if it needs recalibration  :pray:

rocketrazor's picture

Keep us posted oldboy

hopefully it's not the panel. If it's not samsung allow engineers to repair at the home, unlike panasonic who apparently insist the tv is taken away for repair (with the exception of the foam fix)

gel's picture

Yep, any updates?

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

Oldboy's picture

gel wrote:

Yep, any updates?

Yes gel.

Spoke to Samsung today finally and went through the remote management procedure, got to say I was very impressed with the service I received. The outcome is that an engineer is coming out on Thursday between 9am and 12pm to have a look at it, it's been booked in for a home repair to so it won't be taken away on Thursday.

Will obviously keep you all updated with what happens on Thursday, now got to input the the THX picture settings again as they wiped my picture settings...what a pain.

Oldboy's picture

Further update:

Things have happened remarkably quickly with this and I have to say that the speed of this service has been amazing so top marks to Samsung!

So the authorised service centre have called and after describing the issue it's a known fault with this range but the bad news is it requires a new panel to solve it  :cry:

The good news is that Samsung authorise the repair company to carry out the install of the new panel at my property so the repair agent has ordered the panel which will arrive on Thursday so the repair will be done on Friday and take about half an hour. They will confirm on Thursday evening that the panel has arrived and call on Friday too with a one hour time slot for the repair so I'm not waiting in all day. How refreshing is this guys, this is what I call good customer service so all other manufacturers should take note as this has been faultless so far.

The bad news is that my THX professional calibration will now be wiped and I presume need doing again, this is a problem as I really can't afford another £225 for it to be recalibrated. I will contact Jules and see what he says, hopefully we can come to some arrangement but I'm not very hopeful in all honesty. Gutted that the calibration will be useless but considering the response from Samsung to my issue I can't really grumble too much I suppose but it all means extra expense that I can't afford right now.

Pages