11 posts / 0 new
Last post
pioneer7's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 26/07/2008 - 13:08
Posts: 707
Plasma/LED/LCD-Screen cleaner
English

Thought I would tell you about a cleaner for screens I bought its called [Real Cable, clean & care] I have used many a product but never really been that impressed but this product is very good it cost a tenner, you get a cleaning fluid, cloth, and a very handy brush to clean in those corners of the frame which are a nightmare, but the results are very impressive, I have seen a few recomendations on how to clean screens one being a damp cloth with soapy water, this is a big no no as this can damage the coating on the screen over time, there are loads of products out there, very good ones as well, but this one is the best I have used.

Here is a link for info

http://www.real-cable.com/nos-produits/accessoires/kit-de-nettoyage/ckb200fs-139.html

 

simonlewis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 15/04/2008 - 10:17
Posts: 3607
RE: Plasma/LED/LCD-Screen cleaner

It's not even in english but in a foreign language, don't they do anything similer in the uk ???

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 49 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13655
RE: Plasma/LED/LCD-Screen cleaner

I use my t-shirt!   Smile

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx91, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

pioneer7's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 26/07/2008 - 13:08
Posts: 707
RE: Plasma/LED/LCD-Screen cleaner

Just hit the translate button it will then read in english, T-shirts are ok to take off the excess dust/dirt but will not clean or remove properly, plus try getting a t-shirt in the corners of the screen and frame, IMO I think the money spent on a set, £10-20 is nothing to look after your pride and joy. Dirol

daveh75's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 31/07/2008 - 18:54
Posts: 8401
RE: Plasma/LED/LCD-Screen cleaner

What are you doing to get your panel grotty enough to require cleaning with a brush?

I would never use any cleaning solution on my screens.

simonlewis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 15/04/2008 - 10:17
Posts: 3607
RE: Plasma/LED/LCD-Screen cleaner
bigboss's picture
Online
Last seen: 17 min 21 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 13494
RE: Plasma/LED/LCD-Screen cleaner

daveh75 wrote:
What are you doing to get your panel grotty enough to require cleaning with a brush? I would never use any cleaning solution on my screens.

+1.

simonlewis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 15/04/2008 - 10:17
Posts: 3607
RE: Plasma/LED/LCD-Screen cleaner

pioneer7 wrote:

 I have seen a few recomendations on how to clean screens one being a damp cloth with soapy water, this is a big no no as this can damage the coating on the screen over time, there are loads of products out there, very good ones as well, but this one is the best I have used.

Here is a link for info

http://www.real-cable.com/nos-produits/accessoires/kit-de-nettoyage/ckb200fs-139.html

 

This might come in handy as well if you are useing soapy water.

 

pioneer7's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 26/07/2008 - 13:08
Posts: 707
RE: Plasma/LED/LCD-Screen cleaner

ROFL very good

pioneer7's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 26/07/2008 - 13:08
Posts: 707
RE: Plasma/LED/LCD-Screen cleaner

daveh75

What am I doing I am keeping my screen clean, probably like most owners of plasmas etc, I just wonder what your screen would look like after a few weeks-months, I am pretty sure you would be shocked at the amount of crap that you would find, as for using a cleaning fluid there is nothing wrong at all with it, as long as it is a quality product, but hey each to there own. Dirol

Oldboy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 13/09/2007 - 15:49
Posts: 2565
RE: Plasma/LED/LCD-Screen cleaner

pioneer7 wrote:

daveh75

What am I doing I am keeping my screen clean, probably like most owners of plasmas etc, I just wonder what your screen would look like after a few weeks-months, I am pretty sure you would be shocked at the amount of crap that you would find, as for using a cleaning fluid there is nothing wrong at all with it, as long as it is a quality product, but hey each to there own. Dirol

Personally I don't see the need for anything other than a damp microfibre cloth and wouldn't use any form of cleaning solution on my screen simply because there is a warning in almost every tv manual warning you to not use anything other than water and a damp cloth as you may end up damaging the screen. If you use a good quality cloth that's all you need to get any tv screen clean but that's just my 2 pence worth.

Samsung UE55F8000 TV (THX professional calibrated), Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence configuration), Sony BDPS790, Yamaha RX-A2020, Marantz PM6004, Marantz CD6003, Virgin TiVo 1TB, Playstation 4, Playstation 3, WD TV Live, WD My Book World 1TB.

Log in or register to post comments