80 posts / 0 new
Last post
bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 13264
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

So, are you considering the 55-inch versions of AX800 / AX900? Bear in mind VT65 is exactly the same as ZT65, except for some small differences. Check my views on the ultimate shootout I attended 5 weeks ago:

 

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/the-ultimate-shoot-out?page=3

funster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 03/07/2014 - 14:29
Posts: 7
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

Very useful reading.  Thanks for posting that.  I'll look through the whole of that thread a bit later.

If I didn't go for the ZT65, it would be a smaller screen, yes.  When I was looking at the VT65 I was even down as far as the 50".  For a 4k set probably 55" would be where I'd look - or thereabouts as I think the AX802 comes in a 58" variant?  We're 3m+ away from the screen at viewing distance, so could theoretically go quite comfortably up to a 65", but - and it is a big but - there is a level of domestic bliss I need to maintain, and the 65" VT65 is about 10cm wider and taller than the 60" ZT65 from what I can make out on the Panasonic site.  That might be a stretch too far even for me to convince the wife!

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 13264
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

There you go. Be quick!

 

https://doncaster.store.panasonic.co.uk/p-2866-tx-p50vt65b.aspx

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 13264
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

Just noticed it's out of stock. :doh:

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13308
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

TPS still have some plasmas left, I would go for the 55VT65 at £1800 - that's a bargain! 

 

http://www.tps.uk.com/?tab_name=PANASONIC&tab_id=52

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13308
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

If you really want the 50 inch here is stock:

 

http://www.andrewstvdirect.co.uk/Televisions-Essex/Plasma-Televisions/panasonic-50-smart-viera-plasma-tv-tx-p50vt65b.html

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13308
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

Here is the 60zt65:

 

http://www.electricaldiscountuk.co.uk/store/p/tvblu-ray-homecinema/televisions/plasmatvs/Panasonic-TXP60ZT65B/?gclid=CK2L1LKdrL8CFeyWtAodcB8AlA

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

funster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 03/07/2014 - 14:29
Posts: 7
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

Ooh... now that it seriously tempting.  Especially as the ZT65 appears to have had a £100 price increase at Electrical Discount UK, which is where I was looking at it earlier in the week from their Amazon site which included a five year warranty.  £800 is a big difference between the 55VT65 and 60ZT65.  Well, to me anyway!

Have never bought anything from TPS.  Presumably a reputable retailer?

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13308
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

funster wrote:

Ooh... now that it seriously tempting.  Especially as the ZT65 appears to have had a £100 price increase at Electrical Discount UK, which is where I was looking at it earlier in the week from their Amazon site which included a five year warranty.  £800 is a big difference between the 55VT65 and 60ZT65.  Well, to me anyway!

Have never bought anything from TPS.  Presumably a reputable retailer?

 

Yep, TPS are on AV Forums all the time and supply them with TVs for reviews.  Quite a few of us have bought 3D glasses from them.  

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13308
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

If you are not local and can't buy Instore you will need to check what warranty you will get.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

funster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 03/07/2014 - 14:29
Posts: 7
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

Definitely not local as I'm in South Hampshire, but can get up there on Monday.  Will give them a buzz tomorrow.

If I can get the 55VT65 on Monday I think this is a "done deal".

mr malarky's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/04/2009 - 13:14
Posts: 908
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

gel wrote:

funster wrote:

Ooh... now that it seriously tempting.  Especially as the ZT65 appears to have had a £100 price increase at Electrical Discount UK, which is where I was looking at it earlier in the week from their Amazon site which included a five year warranty.  £800 is a big difference between the 55VT65 and 60ZT65.  Well, to me anyway!

Have never bought anything from TPS.  Presumably a reputable retailer?

 

Yep, TPS are on AV Forums all the time and supply them with TVs for reviews.  Quite a few of us have bought 3D glasses from them.  

TPS are a decent retailer in my (admittedly limited) experience, and the ZT is a cracking TV so well worth a punt. There may be some fan noise (seems to vary by unit) but likely no worse than you would get from running an old PS3. 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13308
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

mr malarky wrote:

gel wrote:

funster wrote:

Ooh... now that it seriously tempting.  Especially as the ZT65 appears to have had a £100 price increase at Electrical Discount UK, which is where I was looking at it earlier in the week from their Amazon site which included a five year warranty.  £800 is a big difference between the 55VT65 and 60ZT65.  Well, to me anyway!

Have never bought anything from TPS.  Presumably a reputable retailer?

 

Yep, TPS are on AV Forums all the time and supply them with TVs for reviews.  Quite a few of us have bought 3D glasses from them.  

TPS are a decent retailer in my (admittedly limited) experience, and the ZT is a cracking TV so well worth a punt. There may be some fan noise (seems to vary by unit) but likely no worse than you would get from running an old PS3. 

 

I think TPS are good at dealing with the fan noise with a fan fix, so if you get any problems ask them about it.  The guy will know how you can get it fixed he is on the forums all the time.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13308
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

funster wrote:

Definitely not local as I'm in South Hampshire, but can get up there on Monday.  Will give them a buzz tomorrow.

If I can get the 55VT65 on Monday I think this is a "done deal".

 

Nice one.  Welcome to the club.   :cheers:

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

funster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 03/07/2014 - 14:29
Posts: 7
RE: Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

55VT65

:grin:

Took five hours to get there, four hours to get back.  It was so late I didn't get a chance to open the package up when I got home.  This had better be worth it. Wink

The chaps at TPS were excellent.  Very friendly, and offered to stick around in case I got delayed any more on the M6 headed up.  They had a ZT65 in the shop and it was stunning, but at a £1000 premium... well, that goes a long, long way towards the new equipment I need to complement the TV in our new house!

Pages

Log in or register to post comments