9 posts / 0 new
Last post
admin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 04/09/2013 - 14:19
Posts: 51595
Panasonic TXP50GT50 v TXP50VT50

:help: I'm looking at buying a Panasonic and would appreciate some help.

The dealer have told me that the VT is a far superior Experience. [but they can't get hold of them at the mo!]

They pretty much told me not to bother with the GT,yet it is getting very good reviews.

They have a 50VT30 at £1299 but it is their display model and has been in the shop for at least 6 months.

Any thoughts?

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12939
RE: Panasonic TXP50GT50 v TXP50VT50

flathead52 wrote:

:help: I'm looking at buying a Panasonic and would appreciate some help.

The dealer have told me that the VT is a far superior Experience. [but they can't get hold of them at the mo!]

They pretty much told me not to bother with the GT,yet it is getting very good reviews.

They have a 50VT30 at £1299 but it is their display model and has been in the shop for at least 6 months.

Any thoughts?

 

 

You can ge the Panaonic GT50 at John Lewis for £1200.  The GT50 is definitely better than the VT30.  The VT30 you can get at Costco for £899.  I still haven't seen the VT50 so can't comment.  But reviews state the ST50 is on par with the VT50.  The GT50 is a very good TV.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

simonlewis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 15/04/2008 - 10:17
Posts: 3483
RE: Panasonic TXP50GT50 v TXP50VT50

I don't know how you feel about ordering online, but have you checked out pricerunner that should give you an idea on what models are available & what you can expect to pay.

I would definately avoid that VT30 it's last years (2011) model.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Panasonic TXP50GT50 v TXP50VT50

Thanks for your very quick responses.

I think my mind is made up.

GT50 it is.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12939
RE: Panasonic TXP50GT50 v TXP50VT50

flathead52 wrote:

Thanks for your very quick responses.

I think my mind is made up.

GT50 it is.

 

 

I don't think you will be sorry, I can't fault my GT50 and I know from experience TVs don't get much better than this.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Son_of_SJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 6 days ago
Joined: 10/09/2009 - 16:24
Posts: 1117
RE: Panasonic TXP50GT50 v TXP50VT50

Tomorrow I'll be looking at a 65ST50, so I'll be able to say how it looks, if you've not already ordered your 50GT50.

jlyt16's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 04/08/2012 - 11:31
Posts: 19
RE: Panasonic TXP50GT50 v TXP50VT50

We have a 55vt50 and 42gt50 at home, the gt is very good but the vt50 is just that bit better plus the design is much nicer too. Saw the 55st50 and the motion was not very smooth a bit too much judder from what I saw.

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12840
RE: Panasonic TXP50GT50 v TXP50VT50

jlyt16 wrote:

We have a 55vt50 and 42gt50 at home, the gt is very good but the vt50 is just that bit better plus the design is much nicer too. Saw the 55st50 and the motion was not very smooth a bit too much judder from what I saw.

The OP is comparing GT50 with VT30, not VT50.

jlyt16's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 04/08/2012 - 11:31
Posts: 19
RE: Panasonic TXP50GT50 v TXP50VT50

Thought he was also looking opinion on the vt50, think he should check other retailers as the 50vt50 is currently available with Panasonic.

Log in or register to post comments