133 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Faulty KDL55HX923

well there's a bunch of us out here with about £3K burning a hole in our respective pockets waiting for a decent HX923....i've had two bad ones and as they say third times the charm. If I got for a 3rd set i will definitely view the actual set i'm about to buy instore rather than have any more hassle setting it up at home and messing up the lounge.

EDITED BY MODS - please don't incite posters to break House Rules

sonycentre's picture

Sorry to break the party up,as im only trying to be helpfull but i have had a few post's go missing.i have read the house rules and as stated on my last post on the tvs i mentioned that i could not give a location to where i work as this may break house rules.Im getting frustrated with posts going missing.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Southernsmoggy wrote:

well there's a bunch of us out here with about £3K burning a hole in our respective pockets waiting for a decent HX923....i've had two bad ones and as they say third times the charm. If I got for a 3rd set i will definitely view the actual set i'm about to buy instore rather than have any more hassle setting it up at home and messing up the lounge.

EDITED BY MODS - please don't incite posters to break House Rules

my fault.....had not read them!

andy_s's picture

Does anyone know if the IF product design gold award given to this tv applies only when the set is switched off !!! Blum 3

not only got the IF award but now has an EISA as well :?

all What Hi Fi needs to do now is top it with a tv of the year award!! ROFL

Clare Newsome's picture

Except in our case, as previously stated, that ain't ever going to happen Smile

Group Marketing & PR Manager, Computers Unlimited.

Brands represented include Astell&Kern, Audioengine, B&O Play, Canton, Flexson for SONOS and SONOS

TWITTER: @ClareNewsome

gel's picture

andy_s wrote:

Does anyone know if the IF product design gold award given to this tv applies only when the set is switched off !!! Blum 3

What is going on with you now Andy, are you still waiting for a new one?  Or have you now given up and are going to buy another one instead?

Cheers

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx91, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Hi i think so many people giving sony such a bad name when theres other 3d tvs has got as much problems as sony but still think when comes to 3d tv leds sony is the best and im hoping to buy 46hx923 this week and very much looking forword to having it having great 3d times with it!!!  Dance 4

think job well done 4 sony

andy_s's picture

gel wrote:

andy_s wrote:

What is going on with you now Andy, are you still waiting for a new one?  Or have you now given up and are going to buy another one instead?

Cheers

Gel

nope not going for something else just holding out for sept batch (dealers idea) i still want this tv i was just taking the mickey with the awards as im very surprised after Sony's official latest on " un-uniformity" stance,

proves they cant all be the same, i will get a good one and i will enjoy it!

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Just be in to the Sony Shop in Bournemouth where they have both the 46" and the 55" on display. Neither of them show any signs of this fault. Dance 4 So hopefully a clean batch is starting to make its way into the stores.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

I'm over in the US and I also had the crease issue - although after watching this whole thing play out I feel like I originally had a pretty extreme case of the crease issue.

That said I had the screen replaced at Sony's suggestion and the replacement screen still has the crease. It's not as noticeable but now I'm having issues with the backlight, where it flickers when the screen goes from dark to bright on certain content - in addition to my blacks being not nearly as deep as they were on my original set.

Hoping that Sony will just replace the TV at this point and I'll live with whatever crease I get. Not ideal but I'd rather have the original crease than these new issues with the replacement panel.

andy_s's picture

apmare wrote:

Just be in to the Sony Shop in Bournemouth where they have both the 46" and the 55" on display. Neither of them show any signs of this fault. Dance 4 So hopefully a clean batch is starting to make its way into the stores.

Next batch not due till Sept so doubt it!!
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Well, after constantly looking at the new Panasonic Plasma, I still prefer the LED pictures

Just agreed price at local sony centre so about to order. 2400 with the speaker stand, happy with that

will let you know how I get on

Cheers  Dance 4

andy_s's picture

Webthunder,

cool price, thats all i paid for mine on pre- order back in March.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Cheers matey

Now need to decide on new AV Receiver to go with it

Any recommendations? Currently got a 6 year old Denon amp, time for upgrade at same time Smile

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Cheers matey

Now need to decide on new AV Receiver to go with it

Any recommendations? Currently got a 6 year old Denon amp, time for upgrade at same time Smile

Pages