4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Babyboomer's picture
Which Phono Amp - Azur 551, Rega Fono Mini A2D or MF V-LPS MK 3

Looking for a warm & rich (as opposed to thin and clinical) sounding phono amp.
Which among these 3 would you recommend if you have any experience with them ? TT is Logic DM10 with Linn Basik LVX arm and Ortofon 2M Red catridge. (Amps are PS Audio Trio series and Harbeth P3ERS). Thanks !

Al ears's picture
RE: Which Phono Amp

A mixed bag indeed. I would like to know how you arrived at this shortlist. Can you actually audition any of them? I have not yet found a new phono amp that could be described as "thin and clinical" but out of your list I would say the MF V-LPS could suit you well enough. I should state that I have not had the priviledge of listening to the first 2 on your list though.

Loads of second hand expensive kit!

Babyboomer's picture
Actually I browsed through

Actually I browsed through some magazines and these similarly priced models came up frequently. One shop advised they do not even have a TT for demo! Guess it's buying based on gut feel and reviews alone. That is why I was asking if anyone has a personal expereince to share. What are the strenghts and weaknesses of the MF in your opinion?

Roby's picture
Which Phono Amp - Azur 551, Rega Fono Mini A2D or MF V-LPS MK 3

I only tested the vpls an I'm just gone repeat my self an say it's a safe bet for that kind of money.

It's absolutly fabulous...