Charlie Jefferson wrote:

jimbofisher wrote:

Echo & the Bunnymen - Ocean Rain

".                         - Echo & the Bunnymen

Luke Haines - Rock and Roll Animals

OMD - The Best of OMD

Daughter - If You Leave

John Coltrane - Giant Steps

Intrigued by the Luke Haines LP, what's it like? I've got bought a fair bit of his stuff down the years, not this, as yet. 

Lisitening to:

Experiment Below - Hovercraft (as suspected, BBB, my wife wasn't asking for a repeat play)

Planet Waves - Dylan

Bootleg Series 1-3 - Dylan

Transformer - Lou Reed

At War With The Mystics - The Flaming Lips

The Magical Mystery Tour - The Beatles

i like it, it, slightly pastoral folk. If that makes sense certainly different style to Auteurs and Black Box Recorder but still with the humour. Nice bit of vinyl.

Charlie Jefferson's picture
RE: What vinyl are you listening to?

Thanks for that, sounds interesting.  

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture

Strap her down Charlie, and force feed her Hovercraft until she apologises, admits her error, and agrees to pay for the other album as proof of her undying love.

Or just play it when she's out.

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

DandyCobalt's picture

Jonathan Wilson "Fanfare"  - lovely pale blue vinyl  Smile He's just worked on Roy Harper's new album too.

Tony Joe White "Hoodoo"

Both their latest and highly recommend.

gwynne61's picture
Boards of Canada

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

The seller hasn't got back to me yet, and I've noticed that there are far fewer sellers selling the record, and also the price has gone up. 

Did the seller get back to you about Boards, as I also ordered a copy and it's been dispatching now for over a week. I've also emailed today, but no reply as yet. Wondering if they're just trying to get early orders for the reissue.

RE: Boards of Canada

gwynne61 wrote:

The seller hasn't got back to me yet, and I've noticed that there are far fewer sellers selling the record, and also the price has gone up. 

Did the seller get back to you about Boards, as I also ordered a copy and it's been dispatching now for over a week. I've also emailed today, but no reply as yet. Wondering if they're just trying to get early orders for the reissue.

I never heard back from the seller and I'm working away, so not sure if its been delivered. Will ring my wife later and ask her.

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

Al ears's picture

Just got 'Live Taste' re-issue on MOV....pure class with Rory Gallagher at his best.

An excellent recording quality (if there can every be one of a live concert) to boot.

Motto: Never pay full price for anything, there is always room to haggle!

Tom Evans Audio Design amplification / Acoustic Zen speakers.

Charlie Jefferson's picture

Strap her down Charlie, and force feed her Hovercraft until she apologises, admits her error, and agrees to pay for the other album as proof of her undying love.

I'll try the latter. 

Although the former suggestion got a laugh from the aforementioned wonderful woman!!

Charlie Jefferson wrote:

I'll try the latter. 

Although the former suggestion got a laugh from the aforementioned wonderful woman!!

Well, if she finds it that amusing Charlie, give it a go when she nods off on the sofa.

gwynne61's picture
RE: Boards of Canada RE: Boards of Canada

gwynne61 wrote:

I never heard back from the seller and I'm working away, so not sure if its been delivered. Will ring my wife later and ask her.

Had an email today, very badly worded and didn't address my query as to whether this was the original vinyl. Bottom line is they never had stock and have blamed the computers....

Order cancelled, I guess you're likely to be in the same boat. Price was too good to be true.

Have not received the record

Have not received the record yet, and no reply to my original query either. Will chase it up on Friday.

RE: Have not received the record

They've emailed me today, and admitted that they fuc*ed up. They sold stock from their shop that they had orders for, so couldn't fulfill the internet orders. They've given me an option of cancelling or waiting for new stock.

gwynne61's picture
RE: Have not received the record

They've emailed me today, and admitted that they fuc*ed up. They sold stock from their shop that they had orders for, so couldn't fulfill the internet orders. They've given me an option of cancelling or waiting for new stock.

Poor service from sent2u, would avoid like the plague in future

stevebrock's picture

BBB, re BOC - I received email a week ago saying it had been dispatched a week ago, when I check on Amazon it say I should get delivery 5th November so obviously they are waiting for the reissues - I will send it back when it arrives as I am expecting the box set from Bleep.com today or Monday.

Today I am listening to:

Morcheeba - Head Up High  2 x LP & CD - excellent package, sleeve, artwork and superb SQ all for £12.23 amazon.

Michell Gyrodec, RB303, Benz Micro Ace H, Icon Audio ST40 w/KT88s, PS1 Phono, Kudos X2, Rega Apollo R, DAC

Steve

If I can work out how to copy and paste the email I received on my new phone, I'll show you the email, if I can't, I'll do it when I get home later. Reason, if they have sold their stock in their shop, it must have been original copies.

Pages