Last post
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: What vinyl are you listening to?

Purple Hearts  Head On Collision Time

Charlie Jefferson's picture

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

I've had an expensive day Charlie, and as much as I'd love the Neu box set, and the other Kraftwerk reissues, I think I've spent (and wasted) quite enough for one day. 

Steve on the other hand seems to have endless funds.  :rofl:

Feeling your pain, BBB. I hope you get everything sorted, eventually. 

Got my eye on the Another Self-Portrait vinyl box but it's not cheap. I'm trying to stick to my no Amazon rule and buy it from Jumbo. Plus there's a record fair today at the Corn Exchange, so I'm contemplating raiding my children's piggy banks!

jimbofisher's picture

Portishead - Roseland NYC live

Daughter - If You Leave

Sigur Ros - Kveikur

Loving the love for Kraftwerk and will be playing some later, mine are all the remasters (except Tour de France) but in German on their Kling Klan label with booklets all sound superb. Saw the at Latitude in July and they were amazing. 

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture

Charlie Jefferson wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

I've had an expensive day Charlie, and as much as I'd love the Neu box set, and the other Kraftwerk reissues, I think I've spent (and wasted) quite enough for one day. 

Steve on the other hand seems to have endless funds.  :rofl:

Feeling your pain, BBB. I hope you get everything sorted, eventually. 

Got my eye on the Another Self-Portrait vinyl box but it's not cheap. I'm trying to stick to my no Amazon rule and buy it from Jumbo. Plus there's a record fair today at the Corn Exchange, so I'm contemplating raiding my children's piggy banks!

I fully understand this, but I decided some time ago that the only person who suffers from such a stance, is yourself. They are indeed tax avoiding wankers, but the principles and morals this country once held dear were lost in the eighties, and I for one have given up trying to wage a lone war against such immorality.

Ditto.  :rofl:

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

jimbofisher's picture

Kraftwerk - Trans Europa Express (my fave album of theirs).

As for Amazon, I avoid them if at all possible. At least once a month, will be going tomorrow, I go to Brighton and buy my vinyl, some preordered, and CDs from the fantastic Resident Records. Only if can't find something there, very rare, then I order over the net, usually Diverse Vinyl or another independent. It's my fight back against the death of and homogenisation of the High Street. If you don't use the shops you will lose them!

jimbofisher's picture

British Sea Power - Machineries of Joy

last one until tonight as off to a bbq

jimbofisher's picture

Sonny Clark - Cool Strutin'

Dave Brubeck - Take 5

stevebrock's picture

jimbofisher wrote:

Kraftwerk - Trans Europa Express (my fave album of theirs).

As for Amazon, I avoid them if at all possible. At least once a month, will be going tomorrow, I go to Brighton and buy my vinyl, some preordered, and CDs from the fantastic Resident Records. Only if can't find something there, very rare, then I order over the net, usually Diverse Vinyl or another independent. It's my fight back against the death of and homogenisation of the High Street. If you don't use the shops you will lose them!

Can't wait for my Kraftwerk LPs to turn up

Michell Gyrodec, RB303, Benz Micro Ace H, Icon Audio ST40 w/KT88s, PS1 Phono, Kudos X2, Rega Apollo R, DAC

Car Boot purchase from a few weeks ago, and it's immaculate, not a pop, even between tracks.

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

stevebrock's picture

Good one BBB,

today:

Depeche Mode - Speak & Spell

U2 - Under a Blood Red Sky

The Cult - Sonic Temple

The Chameleons - Script of a Bridge

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (2x45 Hoffman)

The Smiths - Strangeways

New Order - Technique

Paris Angels - Perfume 12"

The House of Love - The House of Loe

The Cure - Disintegration

Michell Gyrodec, RB303, Benz Micro Ace H, Icon Audio ST40 w/KT88s, PS1 Phono, Kudos X2, Rega Apollo R, DAC

One of those underrated albums. Adorable got lumped in with the shoegazers, but this is so so superior to anything like Ride.

Genuinely Steve, if you like House Of Love, you may well like this.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLFD-oT4lKI

stevebrock's picture

BBB, your doing it again!

Just give them a listen, the vinyl's gonna be very very hard to find.

Stupidly a few years ago, after being nagged to death by my wife, I got rid of the 4 of their 12" singles, weren't worth much at the time, so I think they ended up at a charity shop.

I still have the album though.

stevebrock's picture

Its taken me a year to find a decent copy of The Chameleons - Script of a Bridge, love that album - I got lucky and found one for £8 and not a single pop or crackle

Pages