202 posts / 0 new
Last post
plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 10:56
Posts: 18221
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

Proves a little persistancy pays off. Let's hope they can source one to your liking. 

If the shoes don't fit, change the horse.

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 8256
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

plastic penguin wrote:

Proves a little persistancy pays off. Let's hope they can source one to your liking. 

If that's what they meant (and I really don't know), then I'd take a black or white. :pray:

Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Cambridge Audio Minx 11 / Tannoy TS2.10 / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM 20

mitch65's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 16/12/2003 - 12:50
Posts: 1169
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Heard from Moorgate today, and they say they definitely don't have any stock, but they'll contact Rega to see what can be done.

Not sure quite what they mean by that, probably try and source a hub I suppose, but wether the hairline crack makes any difference to the sound or not, cracks only worsen, they never get better, so I don't want to keep this unit.

I'm hoping that they're trying to source another slight second RP6 instead, we'll see.

you might be pleasantly surprised, I ordered a ex-dem RP6 back in February from Moorgate and received a brand spanking new one direct from Rega so I assumed they sold the deck twice in error and sourced another. I've had a couple of 'b' stock Rega's from Moorgate in the past and any 'slight' defect was barely noticeable but not a hairline crack (definately not slight)

Auralic Aries Mini - Rotel RCD 965BX - Marantz PM6005 - Little Dot Mk.II - Tannoy Revolution DC4T

Sennheiser HD540II - Musical Fidelity MF-200

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 8256
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

mitch65 wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Heard from Moorgate today, and they say they definitely don't have any stock, but they'll contact Rega to see what can be done.

Not sure quite what they mean by that, probably try and source a hub I suppose, but wether the hairline crack makes any difference to the sound or not, cracks only worsen, they never get better, so I don't want to keep this unit.

I'm hoping that they're trying to source another slight second RP6 instead, we'll see.

you might be pleasantly surprised, I ordered a ex-dem RP6 back in February from Moorgate and received a brand spanking new one direct from Rega so I assumed they sold the deck twice in error and sourced another. I've had a couple of 'b' stock Rega's from Moorgate in the past and any 'slight' defect was barely noticeable but not a hairline crack (definately not slight)

A brand spanking new one from Rega would be nice. :pray:

Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Cambridge Audio Minx 11 / Tannoy TS2.10 / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM 20

Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 20/04/2011 - 23:03
Posts: 2465
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

... cracks only worsen, they never get better ...

ROFLROFLROFL

You'll end up with a new one !!!  Dirol

 

:cheers:

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite>Clearaudio Basic Plus

Synology NAS>Rega DAC>Pathos Classic One MKIII>Dynaudio Excite X12

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 8256
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

Having been told by Moorgate on Wednesday that they would contact Rega to see what can be done, and get back to me within 24 hours, I still have heard nothing. Though they did send a courier to collect the damaged deck on Thursday, without informing me that he was coming, so it wasn't boxed.

The courier came back on Friday to collect the deck, without giving us any kind of receipt for the collection, and meanwhile, Moorgate haven't contacted me, or replied to my email sent Friday lunchtime. 

So I have no idea what is happening, I'm £549 down, no turntable, and no receipt. |(

Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Cambridge Audio Minx 11 / Tannoy TS2.10 / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM 20

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18543
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Having been told by Moorgate on Wednesday that they would contact Rega to see what can be done, and get back to me within 24 hours, I still have heard nothing. Though they did send a courier to collect the damaged deck on Thursday, without informing me that he was coming, so it wasn't boxed.

The courier came back on Friday to collect the deck, without giving us any kind of receipt for the collection, and meanwhile, Moorgate haven't contacted me, or replied to my email sent Friday lunchtime. 

So I have no idea what is happening, I'm £549 down, no turntable, and no receipt. |(

 

Just give them a call now and ask them.  

TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 8256
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

gel wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Having been told by Moorgate on Wednesday that they would contact Rega to see what can be done, and get back to me within 24 hours, I still have heard nothing. Though they did send a courier to collect the damaged deck on Thursday, without informing me that he was coming, so it wasn't boxed.

The courier came back on Friday to collect the deck, without giving us any kind of receipt for the collection, and meanwhile, Moorgate haven't contacted me, or replied to my email sent Friday lunchtime. 

So I have no idea what is happening, I'm £549 down, no turntable, and no receipt. |(

Just give them a call now and ask them.  

Don't like phone calls gel, dealers can fob you off with any old bullshit,  I like things in writing, and I like dealers who take your hard earned money to do what they say they will do.

They've been poor, and I'm not happy.

Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Cambridge Audio Minx 11 / Tannoy TS2.10 / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM 20

Troy62's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 07/12/2010 - 14:05
Posts: 85
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

Moorgate Acoustics have been around for a long time with a good reputation and knowledgeable staff. I don't think they are going to rip you off. Give them a ring and talk to them. It's got to be better than sat winding yourself up and complaining about them on a forum  Smile

Marantz TT-15S1 / Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood / Grado Reference Platinum 1/ 

Marantz NA 6005

Audiolab 8000A/ 8000P

Monitor Audio RX6

Sony KDL-46HX853

Yamaha YSP2500

Sony PS3

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 8256
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

You're probably right, but I'm not going to ring them, they need to do what they said they would do, and that is contact me.

And I'm not all wound up, I'm calm, and enjoying my day. Honestly. :)

Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Cambridge Audio Minx 11 / Tannoy TS2.10 / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM 20

mitch65's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 16/12/2003 - 12:50
Posts: 1169
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

You're probably right, but I'm not going to ring them, they need to do what they said they would do, and that is contact me.

And I'm not all wound up, I'm calm, and enjoying my day. Honestly. :)

Been dealing with these guys for years, If you don't get a new deck then I'll eat my hat.......... Wink

Auralic Aries Mini - Rotel RCD 965BX - Marantz PM6005 - Little Dot Mk.II - Tannoy Revolution DC4T

Sennheiser HD540II - Musical Fidelity MF-200

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 18543
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

gel wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Having been told by Moorgate on Wednesday that they would contact Rega to see what can be done, and get back to me within 24 hours, I still have heard nothing. Though they did send a courier to collect the damaged deck on Thursday, without informing me that he was coming, so it wasn't boxed.

The courier came back on Friday to collect the deck, without giving us any kind of receipt for the collection, and meanwhile, Moorgate haven't contacted me, or replied to my email sent Friday lunchtime. 

So I have no idea what is happening, I'm £549 down, no turntable, and no receipt. |(

Just give them a call now and ask them.  

Don't like phone calls gel, dealers can fob you off with any old bullshit,  I like things in writing, and I like dealers who take your hard earned money to do what they say they will do.

They've been poor, and I'm not happy.

 

Fair enough, just think it might help to know what is going on.  They might be able to sort something else out for you, they did with me on the phone.  Then you could always ask for it in writing or an email.  At the moment you don't seem to know where you stand.  Mind you he might not even be working today, so you might have to wait to Monday.  

TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series & B&W Pv1 sub.  iPhone 4s & iPad Pro.  

 

 

 

 

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 4480
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

if it were me I would of rung them after 24hrs!

 

Black Gyro SE / SME IV /Nagaoka MP500 / Elicit R / Kudos X2

 

 

AmigaNut's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 23/11/2011 - 20:24
Posts: 110
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

Personally I would call, I realise you said you are calm. But perhaps someone was nominated to call you and either forgot or was off sick.

I have not used the company, but I get the feeling you are not happy and waiting around is not helping the situation and is giving you a bad opinion of them, when i fact they may have a good reason for the lak of response.

 

Sorry if this seems arrogant, but I have been in a simillar situaation and your mind works overtime.

 

AmigaNut

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 8256
RE: Rega RP6 missing part and hairline crack

mitch65 wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

You're probably right, but I'm not going to ring them, they need to do what they said they would do, and that is contact me.

And I'm not all wound up, I'm calm, and enjoying my day. Honestly. :)

Been dealing with these guys for years, If you don't get a new deck then I'll eat my hat.......... Wink

I hope you're hungry. :)

Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Cambridge Audio Minx 11 / Tannoy TS2.10 / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Ortofon Super OM 20

Pages

Log in or register to post comments