23 posts / 0 new
Last post
gbhsi1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 05/03/2008 - 08:33
Posts: 1215
Record Store Day 21/04/2012

I'm looking forward to this event and have a short shopping list! I hope they have what I want...santigold being one of them Smile

mitch65's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 16/12/2003 - 12:50
Posts: 1153
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

My list is also short but that may be down to how much my local store gets :pray: , which may not be a lot :cry:

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 12909
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

Full list here:  http://www.thestoolpigeon.co.uk/features/news-record-store-day.html

Scanning through I've just noticed a friend of mine is getting a release!

Charlie Jefferson's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 51 min ago
Joined: 02/09/2007 - 23:49
Posts: 1857
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

I've really enjoyed RSD for the last three years, and even dragged myself out of bed ridiculously early (4am last year), to get a good place in the queue for Jumbo in Leeds. I really wanted to get certain items and not have to pay eBay rates. 

 

That said, I'm giving it a miss this year. There's not much, if anything, I really, really want. 

 

Enjoy it - all who sail in her!!!

Looking forward to hearing stories from the front line when it's all over. 

gbhsi1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 05/03/2008 - 08:33
Posts: 1215
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

Charlie Jefferson wrote:

I've really enjoyed RSD for the last three years, and even dragged myself out of bed ridiculously early (4am last year), to get a good place in the queue for Jumbo in Leeds. I really wanted to get certain items and not have to pay eBay rates. 

 

That said, I'm giving it a miss this year. There's not much, if anything, I really, really want. 

 

Enjoy it - all who sail in her!!!

Looking forward to hearing stories from the front line when it's all over. 

wait a second! are you saying I have to que at 4am to possibly get any records I want? I'm setting off at 9am and probably get there at 9:30am Sad 
Charlie Jefferson's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 51 min ago
Joined: 02/09/2007 - 23:49
Posts: 1857
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

gbhsi1 wrote:

Charlie Jefferson wrote:

I've really enjoyed RSD for the last three years, and even dragged myself out of bed ridiculously early (4am last year), to get a good place in the queue for Jumbo in Leeds. I really wanted to get certain items and not have to pay eBay rates. 

 

That said, I'm giving it a miss this year. There's not much, if anything, I really, really want. 

 

Enjoy it - all who sail in her!!!

Looking forward to hearing stories from the front line when it's all over. 

wait a second! are you saying I have to que at 4am to possibly get any records I want? I'm setting off at 9am and probably get there at 9:30am Sad 

 

Possibly yes!

 

Three years ago I was second in the queue at 8.30, two years ago I was 28th at 7.30 and last year I got there around 5am and was 15th in line. 

 

Whereabouts do you live?

airliebird's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 19/08/2008 - 17:45
Posts: 51
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

There are currently at 11 o'clock 396 items from Record Store Day 2012 for sale on e bay and counting. If you didnt manage to get something you want, rest assured there is someone who has no interest in vinyl out there that is prepared to make a profit out of you.

mitch65's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 16/12/2003 - 12:50
Posts: 1153
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

airliebird wrote:

There are currently at 11 o'clock 396 items from Record Store Day 2012 for sale on e bay and counting. If you didnt manage to get something you want, rest assured there is someone who has no interest in vinyl out there that is prepared to make a profit out of you.

What's even more annoying is that my local record store told me that ebay were banning RSD sales for 2 weeks - yeah! like that was going to happen!

Got one out of three of my choices so not toooooo bad Smile

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 12909
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

Turned up at the nearest listed shop to where we're staying to find the owner had gone on holiday a week ago and had forgotten to order anything for RSD. Not particularly amused... Next nearest shop is 30 miles away, oh well, next year then...

gbhsi1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 05/03/2008 - 08:33
Posts: 1215
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

turned up at Piccadilly records in Manchester about 10am, que was horrendous and waited 4hrs, by the time I got close to the door there was another big que all the way to the till - had to go as was late for work! empty handed!! should have come earlier. don't know why it took so long for people to go in and out the store!!! 

Charlie Jefferson's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 51 min ago
Joined: 02/09/2007 - 23:49
Posts: 1857
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

gbhsi1 wrote:

turned up at Piccadilly records in Manchester about 10am, que was horrendous and waited 4hrs, by the time I got close to the door there was another big que all the way to the till - had to go as was late for work! empty handed!! should have come earlier. don't know why it took so long for people to go in and out the store!!! 

 

You sound like you were at least six hours too late. 

gbhsi1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 05/03/2008 - 08:33
Posts: 1215
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

airliebird wrote:

There are currently at 11 o'clock 396 items from Record Store Day 2012 for sale on e bay and counting. If you didnt manage to get something you want, rest assured there is someone who has no interest in vinyl out there that is prepared to make a profit out of you.

that's just not right, how ridiculous as most are charging double than the normal price! 
gbhsi1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 05/03/2008 - 08:33
Posts: 1215
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

Charlie Jefferson wrote:

gbhsi1 wrote:

turned up at Piccadilly records in Manchester about 10am, que was horrendous and waited 4hrs, by the time I got close to the door there was another big que all the way to the till - had to go as was late for work! empty handed!! should have come earlier. don't know why it took so long for people to go in and out the store!!! 

 

You sound like you were at least six hours too late. 

ha ha! you are right Charlie. I will know for next time. I have learnt a lesson as it was my first time so did not know what to expect Smile 
Charlie Jefferson's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 51 min ago
Joined: 02/09/2007 - 23:49
Posts: 1857
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

gbhsi1 wrote:

Charlie Jefferson wrote:

gbhsi1 wrote:

turned up at Piccadilly records in Manchester about 10am, que was horrendous and waited 4hrs, by the time I got close to the door there was another big que all the way to the till - had to go as was late for work! empty handed!! should have come earlier. don't know why it took so long for people to go in and out the store!!! 

 

You sound like you were at least six hours too late. 

ha ha! you are right Charlie. I will know for next time. I have learnt a lesson as it was my first time so did not know what to expect Smile 

 

For what it's worth, I'm wishing I'd made the effort as in previous years, as I now really want the Pete Townshend and Bob Dylan items. I'm certainly not prepared to pay eBay prices. Honestly!!

Lost Angeles's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 24/04/2008 - 21:05
Posts: 2208
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

Charlie Jefferson wrote:

I've really enjoyed RSD for the last three years, and even dragged myself out of bed ridiculously early (4am last year), to get a good place in the queue for Jumbo in Leeds.

I’ve been on the gate at Silverstone on Grand Prix day a few times and I’ve got up at silly o’clock plenty of times to go on holiday but to be queuing outside a record shop at 4.00am takes some dedication. Something I wouldn’t be prepared to do.

I presume you had Cat Stevens Morning Has Broken on a continuous loop on the iPod :rockout: :doh:

Country of origin - England not United Kingdom.

Charlie Jefferson's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 51 min ago
Joined: 02/09/2007 - 23:49
Posts: 1857
RE: Record Store Day 21/04/2012

Well, I said I wouldn't do it this year and didn't but had vinyl withdrawal pangs later in the day. 

 

Paid a visit this morning, a whole 24 hours on from the big queues and bagged a load of things on my extended list. Three double Kinks LPs, the Czars album, Larry Corryell, Rory Gallagher, Mississippi John Hurt, Richard Hawley and a couple of 7inch singles (Belle & Sebastian and Thea Gilmore /Sandy Denny). 

 

So scratch what I said somewhere earlier in this thread about not really, really wanting much. Didn't get hold of the Pete Townshend EP (no surprise there I suppose), but have managed to "order" a copy of The Bealtes 4x7inch box set. 

 

All at 11am too, what a vinyl weekend. 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments