8 posts / 0 new
Last post
domenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 days ago
Joined: 13/08/2010 - 19:17
Posts: 185
AUDIO TECHNICA ATLP120USB or REGA RP1 ???please advice
English

 

Hi I want to buy a turntable , more for sunday's listening sessions than every day listening . so don't need expensive one . but i've got mostly 180g pressings in my small collection ( about 20 ) so I want to achieve the best sound possible for no more than 250 £  :silenced:  Would Audio Technica ATLP 120 with Ortofon concorde pro s sound  like  Rega RP1 with ottofon 2M red ? ( I know its over my budget  :roll: ) I dont want to buy used TT I dont have good experience .

A.T's advantage is pitch control ( I also like electronic music ) and usb for hi res rips . 

thank You fellaz 

 

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16198
RE: AUDIO TECHNICA ATLP120USB or REGA RP1 ???please advice

Convenience/ripping LPs etc...  AT-LP120-USB (Superfi have them for £179 so you could afford to fit an AT120e cartridge within your budget).

Sound quality...  Rega RP1 (at a later date you could buy the 'Performance Pack' upgrade)

What Hi-fi? have reviews of both machines online.

With only 20 LPs I would be tempted not to bother with a turntable at all. (Unless you plan to get a lot more records.)

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

Lost Angeles's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 24/04/2008 - 21:05
Posts: 2215
RE: AUDIO TECHNICA ATLP120USB or REGA RP1 ???please advice

chebby wrote:

With only 20 LPs I would be tempted not to bother with a turntable at all. (Unless you plan to get a lot more records.)

Rather defeats the object of the fact that the OP would like to listen to them.

Country of origin - England not United Kingdom.

domenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 days ago
Joined: 13/08/2010 - 19:17
Posts: 185
RE: AUDIO TECHNICA ATLP120USB or REGA RP1 ???please advice

Hi , I would like to collect about 50-60 of  my favorites albums on LPs I am not gonna be a hard core vinylist , just want to enjoy my favorite music in analog form my Rega setup just asking abou that  Smile    I just can not decide what TT to go for . 

CJSF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 25/05/2011 - 19:24
Posts: 2029
RE: AUDIO TECHNICA ATLP120USB or REGA RP1 ???please advice

domenn wrote:

Hi , I would like to collect about 50-60 of  my favorites albums on LPs I am not gonna be a hard core vinylist , just want to enjoy my favorite music in analog form my Rega setup just asking abou that  Smile    I just can not decide what TT to go for . 

Worth checking the 'favourite albums' are available on vinyl, there a few I would like but are not on 180gs, so its boot sales and charity shops for the older ones . . . any really modern alums may never have been issued in vinyl?

CJSF

domenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 days ago
Joined: 13/08/2010 - 19:17
Posts: 185
RE: AUDIO TECHNICA ATLP120USB or REGA RP1 ???please advice

CJFS congrats to your 500th post  Smile     I like to travel so everywhere I go I try to bring back some LP , so these LP's are like 

souvenirs as well , its  nice to play your favorite album bought in Barcelona or Paris in every city centre  in europe you can find some great shops , 

CJSF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 25/05/2011 - 19:24
Posts: 2029
RE: AUDIO TECHNICA ATLP120USB or REGA RP1 ???please advice

domenn wrote:

CJFS congrats to your 500th post  Smile     I like to travel so everywhere I go I try to bring back some LP , so these LP's are like 

souvenirs as well , its  nice to play your favorite album bought in Barcelona or Paris in every city centre  in europe you can find some great shops , 

Thats a great reason for having a TT . . .

CJSF

Lost Angeles's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 24/04/2008 - 21:05
Posts: 2215
RE: AUDIO TECHNICA ATLP120USB or REGA RP1 ???please advice

Rega RP1 gets my vote. Horses for courses. Although 180g vinyl maybe deserves a RP3.

Country of origin - England not United Kingdom.

Log in or register to post comments