3 posts / 0 new
Last post
afterworks's picture
Amp to drive Dynadio Focus 110's
English

Hello,

First post on here so be gentle! 

So I bought some Dynaudio Focus 110's at Christmas, got them do a real bargain -£600! Love them to pieces.

But because I only had enough funds to buy a cheap amp I got a Marantz 6004 which isn't enough to drive these 4ohm babies. It was just to get me going. I have a friend who'll buy it off me once I choose a replacement. 

I now have the funds to burn on upgrading. I just don't know where to start. 

A bit about the room and what I listen to. They're sat next to some Acoustic Energy AE22's as I do some mixing when I'm not touring.

So the room they are in is a little treated with bass traps, various absorbers and clouds etc. 

I listen to most styles of music - everything from Tool to Dr Dre to Cinematic Orchestra.

I got the speakers to compliment the AE22's - which are brutally honest and rapid. They're a great mixing tool and I even enjoy listening to music on them but I wanted something 'Hi Fi' and more of a pleasure. 

So I'm looking in the region of up to £1500. Second hand is fine.

I just need some demo ideas I guess. I know it's a personal thing and everyone's opinion will be different and no one can say for sure what I'll like - but I'm new to this world and need a little guidance. 

I bloody love my Dynadios and want to give them the power they deserve. At lower volumes they're crying out for more juice.

Thanks

Ben

afterworks's picture
RE: Amp to drive Dynadio Focus 110's

Just realised I posted this in wrong area... Sorry! 

Lost Angeles's picture
RE: Amp to drive Dynadio Focus 110's

afterworks wrote:

Just realised I posted this in wrong area... Sorry! 

Don't worry about that, we have plenty of turntable questions posted in the wrong section.

Country of origin - England not United Kingdom.