42 posts / 0 new
Last post
gel's picture
RE: Wimbledon 2014

BenLaw wrote:

To add, not seen anything live of the Fed so far but he hasn't dropped serve yet, he must be a serious threat. 

Yep, and the draw is opening up.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

gel's picture

Oh dear, Djokovic in trouble too!  

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

plastic penguin's picture

BenLaw wrote:

Really surprised how badly Murray played and really surprised how well Dimitrov played, miles better than I've ever seen him before. His serve was so good it was very tough for Murray to get any opportunities, and his own was a long way off. Disappointing. Although seeing Dimitrov and Kyrigos leaves me optimistic for a high quality future of tennis after the 'big 4' disappear.

Only saw the last two games and can't believe how languid Murray's game was.

Prediction: Mauresmo out within a couple of weeks.

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

gel's picture

Let's go Roger, let's go!   :clap:

strapped for cash's picture

It seems premature to state that the Murray-Mauresmo partnership has failed.

It'd be nice to see Halep or Bouchard win the women's title (they've been the most consistent performers at majors this year and I feel both deserve a title for their efforts and progress made).

We'll have to see whether Kygrios is a flash in the pan, or a genuine talent that could rise to the top of the men's game.

I was far from shocked by the Murray result. He's still not quite the player he was this time last year and I felt his title hopes for 2014 rested on a series of things going his way (his opponents getting the jitters or not being fully fit). Dimitrov has also really stepped things up this year. 

Whether Murray's form is down to prolonged recovery from surgery, Lendl's absence, or psychological frailty more generally I don't know (probably all three to some extent). I hope Murray has a more productive hard-court season and can climb back up to the very top of the game. 

Jota180's picture

strapped for cash wrote:

It seems premature to state that the Murray-Mauresmo partnership has failed.

It'd be nice to see Halep or Bouchard win the women's title (they've been the most consistent performers at majors this year and I feel both deserve a title for their efforts and progress made).

We'll have to see whether Kygrios is a flash in the pan, or a genuine talent that could rise to the top of the men's game.

I was far from shocked by the Murray result. He's still not quite the player he was this time last year and I felt his title hopes for 2014 rested on a series of things going his way (his opponents getting the jitters or not being fully fit). Dimitrov has also really stepped things up this year. 

Whether Murray's form is down to prolonged recovery from surgery, Lendl's absence, or psychological frailty more generally I don't know (probably all three to some extent). I hope Murray has a more productive hard-court season and can climb back up to the very top of the game. 

My money's on psychological frailty.  His second serve is worse (slower)  than most female players and invariably he loses a lot of points and games because of it.  If he grew a pair of steel toecapped balls, his second serve might not be so lame.

plastic penguin's picture

Just come back from the garden centre and shopping with little PP, and the darn match is still going.

Sorry, but have no interest in tennis. Never have done since my school days. Roll on the semis of the World Cup.

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

CnoEvil's picture

plastic penguin wrote:

Just come back from the garden centre and shopping with little PP, and the darn match is still going.

Sorry, but have no interest in tennis. Never have done since my school days. Roll on the semis of the World Cup.

Blum 3 :P

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

gel's picture

Looks like Djokovic.  

I can't but hope Roger wins though.

gel's picture

Roger  :clap: Roger  :clap: Roger  :clap: Roger  :clap:

BenLaw's picture

plastic penguin wrote:

A baffling post on a tennis thread. The 'darn match' is incredible. 

Pages